Showing/hiding special characters in VC5
Author Message
 Showing/hiding special characters in VC5

Hi,

A while ago, I was working on a program in VC5, and I must have
pressed a special key combination, because there appeared in
my source code dots and chevrons representing the space
and tab characters respectively. Unfortunately, I have no idea
what key combination it was; I tried to get rid of the special
characters being displayed, but the only way I could do this was
to close down VC5 and bring it up again.

Does anyone know what keystroke combination brings up these
special characters? I couldn't find anything in the help file
about them, but maybe I wasn't looking hard enough.

Cheers,

Akin

--
Reply address: ak_soto at yahoo dot co dot uk
"Spread the word, not the hype."

Tue, 30 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Showing/hiding special characters in VC5

Quote:
> A while ago, I was working on a program in VC5, and I must have
> pressed a special key combination, because there appeared in
> my source code dots and chevrons representing the space
> and tab characters respectively.

   The command is Edit | Advanced | View Whitespace

   The default key for this is Ctrl+Shift+8

   Neil

Wed, 31 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Showing/hiding special characters in VC5

2. How to eliminate special character in my cstring?

3. Handling Special Characters in ADO.NET (SqlConnection, SqlCommand etc)

4. Parsing input containing special characters.

5. detecting special characters.

6. ctype.h-like functions for special characters?

7. Xml ecoding and decoding 'special' characters

8. Removing Special Characters From Strings

9. BinarySearch strange behavior on special character

10. Reading up-arrow (special) characters

11. Get a special character from a string

12. ADVICE: scanf and special characters