Default file type action
Author Message

How can I set the default action for a file type? i.e. the one that is used
when you double click on a file in explorer. I've created a class to handle
all my file type registrations, and one of my file types has 3 actions Open,
Print and Compact. I need to know how to specify that the Open action should
be the default, and the moment it seems random.

--
-Wilka [address rot13 encoded]

Wed, 09 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

Quote:
>How can I set the default action for a file type? i.e. the one that is used
>when you double click on a file in explorer. I've created a class to handle
>all my file type registrations, and one of my file types has 3 actions Open,
>Print and Compact. I need to know how to specify that the Open action should
>be the default, and the moment it seems random.

Wilka,

It appears to be the default text name in the shell entry. For
example, if I change the default TXT file association with Explorer to
be "Print", the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\txtfile\shell default value says
"print", and changing it back to "open" (or leaving it clear) sets it
back to Open.

Dave
----

Thu, 10 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Get the default action of a file extension.

2. Change Default File Type to Source File?

3. Change Default File Type to Source File?

4. Changing default Help action

5. Change default new file type to .cpp

6. CFileDialog How to set default file type list

7. Getting default icon for a file type

8. Default File Types

9. Change default new file type to .cpp

10. Getting default icon for a file type

11. Forcing combo-box dropdown action when they type

12. opening a new file to parse in a yacc action