Getting Binary Registry Key Value
Author Message
 Getting Binary Registry Key Value

I am trying to figure out how to read in a binary value from the
registry.  I have searched through DEJA without finding particulars.  I
can read a string value without a problem.  I figure I am not making
the proper var types to handle the binary read.
Can anyone give me some pointers with this.

I would post a snippet but only snippet that works is the string get

RegOpenKeyEx(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,"Software\\Microsoft\\Internet
Explorer\\URL Compatibility",0,KEY_READ,&hkey);
RegQueryValueEx(hkey, "Version", NULL, NULL,reinterpret_cast<LPBYTE>
(ieversion),&buffersize);
RegCloseKey(hkey);

ieversion is properly initialized of course

I need to get the binary value
RegOpenKeyEx(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,"Software\\Microsoft\\Internet
Explorer\\ActiveX Compatibility\\{06A7EC63-4E21-11D0-A112-
00A0C90543AA}",0,KEY_READ,&hkey2);
RegQueryValueEx(hkey2,"Compatibility Flags",NULL,NULL,(LPBYTE)
value,&dwSize);

but can't get anything useful into value.

I have tried changign 4th param to REG_DWORD without any luck.

TIA,
Sandman

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 05 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Registry & Binary Values

2. Setting Large (Binary) values in Registry

3. Setting large binary values in registry using RegSetValueEx

4. Reading binary registry value

5. Read a binary value from the registry

6. Registry & Binary Values

7. HELP: How to Query Binary registry values

8. HELP: How to Query Binary registry values

9. Writing Binary Values to Win95 Registry

10. get registry key-value

11. read a key value from the registry

12. Putting values into an registry key