Default printer
Author Message

Hi,

How do I get/set default printer on WinNT 4 ?

Functions GetPrinter/SetPrinter (with PRINTER_INFO_2 structure) work fine
on Win95.
But on NT the structure member Attributes doesn't seem to be dependant if
the printer is default or not.

My help doesn't say that PRINTER_ATTRIBUTE_DEFAULT were only Win95
property.

Regards

Jarmo

Fri, 04 Jul 2003 19:42:29 GMT

Quote:
>How do I get/set default printer on WinNT 4 ?

Jarmo,

Have a look at Knowledge Base article Q246772 "HOWTO: Retrieve and Set
the Default Printer in Windows".

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

Fri, 04 Jul 2003 21:47:15 GMT

1. Windows Default Printers and Default Printer Setups

2. Set Default Printer

3. Changing default printer

4. Set default printer

5. default printer nt4

6. Default Printer

7. how to Set Default Printer

8. How to change the default printer

9. Q: How to set default printer bin?

10. Problems Setting the Default printer with Win32 API SDK

11. Changing the default printer

12. change system default printer?