ATL Thread-Model question
Author Message
 ATL Thread-Model question

Hi,
    Well, I've an Activex Dll (made in VBasic 5.0)  and I use it with
CreaObject() inside an ASP page. The problem is that VBasic made it
MultiUse, that means that use one-thread-per-request so if I've lots of
client requesting that page my system could hang.
    So, I'm trying to use ATL to do the same, but I dont know with
Thread-Model do I have to use. I need to share a conection to an Sql-Server
(maybe in a few mounths an Oracle or Informix), so each query in each
function will return faster cause does not have to open & close a connection
and I will reduce the Sql-Server connections to 1.
    And...., Will the ATL Component run well if I open the connection in the
first request and then ask if the connection is still open?, When do I have
to Close that connection?, Do I have to select support for proxy/stub?

thanks in advance
jonathan

Sun, 01 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
[...]

1. ATL Thread-Model question

2. what threading model is default when no Threading model key

3. Exe server threading model - events from worker thread question

4. VC++ 7 /ATL 7 server threading model

5. ATL Threading model

6. ATL threading model

7. Threading Model of MTS-based ATL components

8. OLE/COM Viewer: Inproc Handler Tab Option->Threading Model (Question)

9. question about the threading model

10. Question about threading model.

11. COM threading models question

12. COM Threading Model for ISAPI Worker Threads