Help with simple GUI
Author Message
 Help with simple GUI

Hello all,

The only real C++ programming I've done has been Unix console-style
programs.  I have some programs that I want to play around with in the
windows environment, and would appreciate some help with a simple GUI to get
me started.  What I'm looking for is some basic code that will create a
window with a BMP background and a few buttons that I can assign actions to
run some of the functions I wrote in school.

Also, if you know of any good websites that have GUI tutorials, that would
be great.  I'd like to start with code-only GUIs before I move on to some of
the GUI builders, like VC++ dialog editor.

Thanks,
--Matt

Thu, 03 Mar 2005 14:45:29 GMT
 Help with simple GUI
Hi Matt,

You can check <<Programming Windows>> by Charles Petzold. This book
introduces Windows programming using plain C code. It mainly covers GDI.

Besides MSDN, you can also check the following web sites for some samples:

http://www.codeproject.com
http://www.codeguru.com

I hope it helps.

Best Regards,
Leo Chen

--------------------
| From: "Matt Asher" <mattATNOSPAMasherzone.com>
| Subject: Help with simple GUI
| Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 23:45:29 -0700

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vc.language
|
| Hello all,
|
| The only real C++ programming I've done has been Unix console-style
| programs.  I have some programs that I want to play around with in the
| windows environment, and would appreciate some help with a simple GUI to
get
| me started.  What I'm looking for is some basic code that will create a
| window with a BMP background and a few buttons that I can assign actions
| run some of the functions I wrote in school.
|
| Also, if you know of any good websites that have GUI tutorials, that would
| be great.  I'd like to start with code-only GUIs before I move on to some
of
| the GUI builders, like VC++ dialog editor.
|
| Thanks,
| --Matt

Sat, 05 Mar 2005 11:22:39 GMT
 Help with simple GUI
Thanks Leo.  You pointed me in the right direction.

--Matt

Quote:
> Hi Matt,

> You can check <<Programming Windows>> by Charles Petzold. This book
> introduces Windows programming using plain C code. It mainly covers GDI.

> Besides MSDN, you can also check the following web sites for some samples:

> http://www.codeproject.com
> http://www.codeguru.com

> I hope it helps.

> Best Regards,
> Leo Chen

rights.

> --------------------
> | From: "Matt Asher" <mattATNOSPAMasherzone.com>
> | Subject: Help with simple GUI
> | Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 23:45:29 -0700

> | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vc.language
> |
> | Hello all,
> |
> | The only real C++ programming I've done has been Unix console-style
> | programs.  I have some programs that I want to play around with in the
> | windows environment, and would appreciate some help with a simple GUI to
> get
> | me started.  What I'm looking for is some basic code that will create a
> | window with a BMP background and a few buttons that I can assign actions
> | run some of the functions I wrote in school.
> |
> | Also, if you know of any good websites that have GUI tutorials, that
would
> | be great.  I'd like to start with code-only GUIs before I move on to
some
> of
> | the GUI builders, like VC++ dialog editor.
> |
> | Thanks,
> | --Matt

Mon, 07 Mar 2005 07:20:51 GMT

1. GUI for simple operating system?

2. simple console app, how to add gui, good books for it mfc vs win32

3. Simple GUI IO

4. GUI Forms - should be simple

5. Re-use ATL GUI component in another ATL GUI component

6. VC++ GUI --- Please Help

7. C++/GUI MFC Visual C++ help needed

8. C++/GUI MFC Visual C++ help needed

9. Need help finding gui.lib

10. Help: MFC Database Sample code (non-GUI)

11. Help about Rapid GUI-based Application development

12. Help: MFC Database Sample code (non-GUI)