obtaining call stack information during runtime
Author Message
 obtaining call stack information during runtime

i need to access information about the call stack during program runtime (in
debug mode vc 6)..

more specifically (and there may be another way to do this) i need to find
out the name of the function within my project which creates an instance of
a specific class.. unfortunatley due to the fact that the object is CObject
derived the information dumped by the memory leak dump simply points to the
IMPLEMENT_SERIAL() macro for the object..

i suppose the ideal solution for me would be to place a TRACE() statement in
the constructor of the object which is leaking that outputs the pointer to
the object being created and maybe the last five functions on the call
stack..

is there anyway to achieve what i require?

thanks in advance,

--
Jonathan Williamson

Sun, 07 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Programmatically obtain call stack information?

2. destructor is called before copy-constructor on temporary class (allocated on stack during function call)

3. runtime stack information utility

4. obtaining the call stack

5. programatically accessing call stack information

6. call stack information outside the debugger

7. How to obtain CPU information

8. Obtaining Preprocessor Information / Output

9. Obtaining Registry information

10. How do I obtain previous instance information?

11. How to obtain lenght of function at runtime

12. How to obtain funtion length at runtime