Static library linked within other Static LIB?
Author Message
 Static library linked within other Static LIB?

Is it possible to link a static library (.LIB) into another LIB ? I want to
make a clib for some independent functions, and use this clib in several
more hardware dependent clibs. At the end X different hardware dependent COM
objects arise from the hardware dependent clibs.

thx

Sun, 13 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Static library linked within other Static LIB?
    Static libraries aren't "linked", but actually more like "combined".   I
believe from the command-line of lib.exe, you can extract all the individual
.OBJs from an existing .LIB and then build a new .LIB using those & yours.

--
Truth,
   James [MVP]

Quote:

>Is it possible to link a static library (.LIB) into another LIB ? I want to
>make a clib for some independent functions, and use this clib in several
>more hardware dependent clibs. At the end X different hardware dependent
COM
>objects arise from the hardware dependent clibs.

Sun, 13 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. static library within a static library

2. Static library using MFC called from Win32 application linked with nafxcwd.lib

3. Differentiate LIB file for static library and LIB file for DLL

4. VC 4.2 link error linking static libraries from VC 6.0

5. vc wouldn't initialize static members in static libraries

6. Static Library [.LIB] To VC++.NET Dll

7. Static scope in static library

8. trouble linking to static lib

9. Problem linking a VC generated static LIB into a win32 DLL project

10. linking static lib to VB

11. Static Library static object initialization

12. How to make static library work with libc.lib