TOUGH QUESTION: Adding a virtual folder to the Win95 shell
Author Message
 TOUGH QUESTION: Adding a virtual folder to the Win95 shell

OK. What I'd like to do is to add a subfolder (either to Desktop or to My Computer) named
Patient Data, with a subdirectory structure and "files" as appropriate, stored in one OLE
compound file.

I have VC++ 4.0, and I'm not averse to MFC programming. In fact, I prefer it.
I'm working on a property page for the same program's "files" as well.

I take it I need to implement IShellFolder, correct?
If so, what routines do I implement, and how? (no need for code, I'll do that, I just
could use descriptions)
How not meaning by writing routines CMyClass::XShellFolder::dadada(...)... (although I
need to know which routines to implement) I mean what should my routines be doing?
Also, how do I register the fact that my DLL (I assume it is one) is implementing
IShellFolder to the Win95 Shell?

Thanks for your help,
Curtis Whalen
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 21 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Shell Folder question

2. Shell File and Folder Images

3. Shell Extensions donot get called in Web Folders

4. thumbnail image from a Shell folder

5. Shell Namespace and Virutal Folders future.

6. How to open the folder in the default shell namespace

7. execute before shell win95/98

8. Shell-Links with Win95/WinNT

9. Getting a Virtual Folders Name

10. Virtual Folder

11. Q: how to implement shell extension in Win95?

12. Shell-Links with Win95/WinNT