using Word from VC++
Author Message
 using Word from VC++

Hi,
I would like to use a Word document from a Visual C++ application.
I am going to use COM, yes, but can anyone tell me something about it ?
I don't know where to begin.

I accept any hint
bye and thanks !
David

Tue, 25 Feb 2003 18:16:03 GMT
 using Word from VC++
Greets,

    Best thing to do is look up Microsoft Office Automation on MSDN.
Chances are there are .OLB files somewhere you can reference (the office
type libraries that I think get installed with the product).  The thing I've
found most useful is to find the type libraries or use OLEVIEW on the DLLs
until something turns up.  (I did create a utility once that would
recursively scan directories and use LoadTypeLib() to try and glean type
library information.)

    When you have the type library located, you can use OLEVIEW to view the
type library.  At that point, the method names will be rather apparent and
you can look them up in MSDN and narrow the search from there.  :)

Regards,

Joe

Quote:
> Hi,
> I would like to use a Word document from a Visual C++ application.
> I am going to use COM, yes, but can anyone tell me something about it ?
> I don't know where to begin.

> I accept any hint
> bye and thanks !
> David

Tue, 25 Feb 2003 20:36:33 GMT
 using Word from VC++

Quote:
> I would like to use a Word document from a Visual C++ application.
> I am going to use COM, yes, but can anyone tell me something about it
?
> I don't know where to begin.

> I accept any hint

In the msdn Library is a samplecode that you will find if you search
for autowrap. (Maybe you must narrow your search with something like
"automation" or so). That sample app (console app) shows you the
the minumal required setup in order to do this. I found that sample
very good because it had no MFC and ATL and other (imho) distracting
features.

Rene

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Thu, 27 Feb 2003 16:58:41 GMT
 using Word from VC++
There is an article "Automating Microsoft Office 97 and Office 2000" written
by Lori Turner out on the Microsoft-Website (but I don't know the exact
URL);
But in general it's a hard thing to do, because there is no
Visual-C++-documentation for this problem; so you have to read the
VisualBasic-documentation to find out how to automate Word with VisualC++;

Gert

Quote:

> > I would like to use a Word document from a Visual C++ application.
> > I am going to use COM, yes, but can anyone tell me something about it
> ?
> > I don't know where to begin.

> > I accept any hint

> In the msdn Library is a samplecode that you will find if you search
> for autowrap. (Maybe you must narrow your search with something like
> "automation" or so). That sample app (console app) shows you the
> the minumal required setup in order to do this. I found that sample
> very good because it had no MFC and ATL and other (imho) distracting
> features.

> Rene

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sat, 01 Mar 2003 14:01:13 GMT

1. using Word from VC++

2. How to open a new word document using Vc++

3. How to write rtf file of a word file using VC++

4. How to scan/read a word file using VC++

5. How to scan/read a word file using VC++

6. How to scan/read a word file using VC++

7. How to scan/read a word file using VC++

8. How to scan/read a word file using VC++

9. to print a Word document using VC++

10. Using Word 97 as DDE Server from VC++

11. How to open a word document using VC++

12. How to scan/read a word file using VC++