Command line vs IDE
Author Message
 Command line vs IDE

Gentlemen,

I have command line to build a C++ program with embedded SQL (UDB6.1) which
seems to work:
cl -Z7 -Od -c -W2 -D_X86_=1 -DWIN32

Which options should I set in IDE for MS VC++ to emulate the same command?
Will appresiate any suggestions.
Boris.

Fri, 01 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Command line vs IDE

Quote:
>Which options should I set in IDE for MS VC++ to emulate the same command?

Boris,

-Z7     C7 compatible debug info

-Od     Debug - no optimisation

-c      Compile only

-W2     Warning level 2

-D_X86_=1 -DWIN32       Preprocessor definitions.

Dave

Fri, 01 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Build differences for IDE vs command line

2. Command Line args to main from IDE?

3. IDE and command line linking

4. IDE and command line compilaiton producing diferent results in Borland C++ 4.5

5. IDE and command line compilaiton producing diferent results in Borland C++ 4.5

6. Passing file to IDE from command line

7. command line and IDE Builds.

8. Which is better IDE or Command Line compiling

9. difference between IDE compile and command line

10. preventing the logo and command line from being printed during command line build

11. Compiling,assembling,deploying thru command line NOT thru VS.NET

12. Using command-line tools in VS.NET