flicker free controls
Author Message
 flicker free controls

I really tried hard to get my windowless control flickerfree but it wasn't
possible, because I couldn't get WM_ERASEBKGND message.
Please help me because if you don't I'm really getting mad!!!!

Sat, 12 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 flicker free controls

Check out this month's DDJ. The article on transparent bitmap ActiveX
control discusses this problem. You probably are using IE3 and not using the
OCX 96 spec libs. As I recall in this environment you have to provide the
WM_ERASEBGGND message yourself. The article explains it nicely.

Ed

Quote:

>I really tried hard to get my windowless control flickerfree but it wasn't
>possible, because I couldn't get WM_ERASEBKGND message.
>Please help me because if you don't I'm really getting mad!!!!

Sat, 12 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 flicker free controls

I've experienced the same problem. My control should switch between a number
of bitmaps. I ended up using transparent icons instead. Now these works fine
in VB and IE. If I use them in an VC app it is not that good. Apparently VC
apps does not support windowless controls by default.

-Roald

Quote:

>I really tried hard to get my windowless control flickerfree but it wasn't
>possible, because I couldn't get WM_ERASEBKGND message.
>Please help me because if you don't I'm really getting mad!!!!

Tue, 15 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. flicker free controls

2. Fast List Control (Flicker Free and High Performance)

3. Transparent control and flicker-free drawing...

4. Flicker-free drawing of HTML Control

5. Flicker free custom drawn control on dialog possible?

6. Easy way to have flicker free drawing in a List Control

7. Flicker free painting of windowless control

8. flicker-free IE browser control

9. How to get flicker-free ie control?

10. Flicker free updating listview from threads??

11. Flicker-free animation routine crashes

12. Flicker free