.AVI files - unable to display
Author Message
 .AVI files - unable to display

My question concerns the playing of AVI "animated" files in a VC++ 6.0
executable created:

I created a dialog that has an animation control.  When I compile and
run my project, it works (while still in Visual Studio).  My animation
control plays my .AVI file nicely.

However, when I run my executable outside of VS/VC++ (by opening the
.EXE file in Explorer), the animation doesn't work and nothing happens
in the control's area.

I am compiling for debug (my executable resides in \Debug) and not
release.  My .AVI file was created as uncompressed and I believe the
file to be as expected by VC++.  I open the AVI file as such:

m_Animation.Open ("beacon.avi");  // beacon.avi resides in current
working dir - with .dsw, .dsp files.
m_Animation.Seek (0);
m_Animation.Play (0,-1,-1);

Any help?  Thanks.
Johnny

ps, sorry for posting twice, (see res_editing), but wanted to find a
solution soon.

Wed, 26 Feb 2003 02:22:46 GMT
 .AVI files - unable to display
In article <>

Quote:
> However, when I run my executable outside of VS/VC++ (by opening the
> .EXE file in Explorer), the animation doesn't work and nothing happens
> in the control's area.

I think you have to move the avi file into the same directory as
your .exe file.   I have this same issue with a database file which is
in my project dir and which opens fine in debug and release mode in the
IDE, but not when I run either executable directly from explorer.

Until I move the database file into the \release directory.

Tom

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 26 Feb 2003 06:54:42 GMT
 .AVI files - unable to display

Hi Johnny,

Take a look at this article. This article has the response for your
problem ...

I hope this can help you

Marcos
 http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/books/win95ui/chpt02-12.htm

Quote:

> My question concerns the playing of AVI "animated" files in a VC++ 6.0
> executable created:

> I created a dialog that has an animation control.  When I compile and
> run my project, it works (while still in Visual Studio).  My animation
> control plays my .AVI file nicely.

> However, when I run my executable outside of VS/VC++ (by opening the
> .EXE file in Explorer), the animation doesn't work and nothing happens
> in the control's area.

> I am compiling for debug (my executable resides in \Debug) and not
> release.  My .AVI file was created as uncompressed and I believe the
> file to be as expected by VC++.  I open the AVI file as such:

> m_Animation.Open ("beacon.avi");  // beacon.avi resides in current
> working dir - with .dsw, .dsp files.
> m_Animation.Seek (0);
> m_Animation.Play (0,-1,-1);

> Any help?  Thanks.
> Johnny

> ps, sorry for posting twice, (see res_editing), but wanted to find a
> solution soon.

Fri, 28 Feb 2003 21:49:40 GMT
 .AVI files - unable to display
That did it!  See - Marcos
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/books/win95ui/chpt02-12.htm

When I created a resource in .rc2  (IDR_RADAR_BLIP AVI
res\radar_blip.avi), and used the resource ID in my code, I got the
results I wanted.

Now, when I run my .EXE file by double clicking it, my animation (.AVI)
files play without them physically residing in the same directory as the
.EXE.

Thanks.

Sun, 02 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. File replication and displaying avi file

2. File replication and displaying avi file

3. File replication and displaying avi file

4. Displaying AVI Files... HELP

5. displaying avi files with transparent elements

6. CAnimateCtrl: Avi file won't display

7. How to display AVI files easily

8. avi: which tool can be used to create AVI file

9. display an avi on windows forms

10. How Display GIF just like AVI

11. IRC BOT - Unable to display highbit ASCII chars from TcpClient

12. input file is an .avi file