We recently converted a MFC application from VC 6 to .net
Visual Studio. When we test the .exe file on Win95, WinNT
it looks for the oleacc.dll which these OS's dont have.
Windows 98 and Windows 2000 do have this dll. Prior
to .net conversion, we never had this attempt to load this
dll and we know that we don't use any of the API
interfaces that this oleacc.dll contains. So how do I have
my app not look for this dll?
TIA.

Tue, 02 Nov 2004 22:20:32 GMT
Hi!

I think this is a known issue, and your best bet at finding a solution you can use is to do a google
search. Here's one such extended thread I found...

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&th=bb7b6cef1172fb39&seekm=uFErR...
6

...in short it looks like the solutions are to: 1) Statically link MFC and delayload 'oleacc.dll',
2) Rebuild 'MFC70.DLL' and delayload 'oleacc.dll' (yuk!), 3) Something about providing a dummy
'oleacc.dll' for your app. None of them really ring my bell, but I can be hard to please at times.

--
Jeff Partch [MVP]

Quote:

> We recently converted a MFC application from VC 6 to .net
> Visual Studio. When we test the .exe file on Win95, WinNT
> it looks for the oleacc.dll which these OS's dont have.
> Windows 98 and Windows 2000 do have this dll. Prior
> to .net conversion, we never had this attempt to load this
> dll and we know that we don't use any of the API
> interfaces that this oleacc.dll contains. So how do I have
> my app not look for this dll?
> TIA.

Tue, 02 Nov 2004 22:49:36 GMT

1. oleacc.dll -Active Accessability ...why is it loaded?

2. Delay Loading oleacc.dll

3. OLEACC.DLL error on Win95 for MFC apps

4. oleacc.dll problem

5. Unwanted use of 'OLEACC.dll'

6. why require oleacc.dll?

7. OLEACC.dll dependency

8. OLEACC.DLL required for apps built with VC++.NET

9. oleacc.dll not found

10. Oleacc.dll new dependancy

11. recompiled program now DEPENDS on OLEACC.DLL

12. OLEACC.DLL not found