Thread termination in free threaded DCOM server
Author Message
 Thread termination in free threaded DCOM server

For a software packet I'm using I have to call an Initialize and a
Terminate function for every thread. However it is not possible to call
Initialize again after Terminate has been called. If I terminate a
thread without calling the Terminate function, I get a crash. My
application is a free threaded DCOM server. This means that I don't have
control over the creation and termination of the threads where my
application is running. I can handle the initialization problem with
global maps etc. But until now I have not found a way to call my
Terminate function just before a thread terminates.

Thank you for any ideas

                             Daniel

Daniel Zweifel
Glance AG
CH-8162 Steinmaur / Switzerland

WWW: http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 20 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Free-threaded DCOM server conflicts with MSAccess driver's use of OleInitialize

2. Free threaded outof proc server and Single threaded components

3. Threading: signaling thread termination

4. Thread termination when that thread owns a critical section

5. A doubt about Threads in Free Threaded components

6. Free threaded vs. apartment threaded

7. Free threaded server ....

8. free threading com server

9. Free-Threaded-Server and interface marschalling

10. serious need with a free threaded server.

11. ActiveX Controls Hidden on Free-Threaded Server Dialogs

12. Exe server threading model - events from worker thread question