disk usage info
Author Message
 disk usage info

What is the best way (simplest and most reliable) to obtain disk usage
information (free and total space) for each logical drive on a remote
computer?  For example, is there a network-equivalent function of
GetDiskFreeSpaceEx()?

The method must work with Windows 2000, but NT 4.0 as well would be
advantageous.

Any pointers on how the NT ResKit utility srvinfo.exe does it?

TIA,

Damon

Wed, 19 Nov 2003 13:22:42 GMT
 disk usage info

Quote:

> What is the best way (simplest and most reliable) to obtain disk usage
> information (free and total space) for each logical drive on a remote
> computer?  For example, is there a network-equivalent function of
> GetDiskFreeSpaceEx()?

you can use GetDiskFreeSpaceEx with UNC paths (\\host\share)

--------------------------------
TSEKIT: http://personal-pages.ps.ic.ac.uk/~umeca74/
2xExplorer R7 just made windows explorer obsolete

Fri, 21 Nov 2003 01:36:30 GMT
 disk usage info
That worked like a charm.  I don't know how many times I looked at
GetDiskFreeSpaceEx and didn't see the UNC capability.  Thank you.

Damon

Quote:

> > What is the best way (simplest and most reliable) to obtain disk usage
> > information (free and total space) for each logical drive on a remote
> > computer?  For example, is there a network-equivalent function of
> > GetDiskFreeSpaceEx()?

> you can use GetDiskFreeSpaceEx with UNC paths (\\host\share)

> --------------------------------
> TSEKIT: http://personal-pages.ps.ic.ac.uk/~umeca74/
> 2xExplorer R7 just made windows explorer obsolete

Sun, 23 Nov 2003 08:55:28 GMT

1. disk usage of specific directory including sub-dir.

2. Disk Usage - source code

3. Checking the disk usage in UNIX

4. ADO / Access 2000 database disk-space usage

5. disk usage pie chart component?

6. disk usage control?

7. How to get usage info and overwrite open NT files

8. homework help scanning info from disk?

9. Help on disk info

10. Request for info on disk drive caching

11. more info for saving int array to disk

12. Hard disk serial number info