429 ActiveX component cannot create object
Author Message
 429 ActiveX component cannot create object

I have made an MFC dll project called Task that supports automation from
Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0. I made this using the MFC dll wizard.

Then using class wizard I:
- added a class "CScheduler" based on the CCmdTarget class which also
supports automation.
- added a few properties and methods to my new class.

I then built my DLL.

I created a new project in VB60, selected my dll as a reference and added a
button on the form.
In the button.click event I wrote the following:
dim t as task.scheduler
set t= new task.scheduler

I ran this program, clicked the button and got the error message:
429 ActiveX component cannot create object

My question is:
What else should I have done with the MFC dll?

regards,
Stian Tunge Wixoe

Fri, 23 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. 429 ActiveX component cannot create object

2. "ActiveX component can't create object or return reference to this object (Error 429)"

3. "ActiveX component can't create object or return reference to this object (Error 429)"

4. Help! Run-time error '429':ActiveX component can't create object

5. Run-time error '429'. ActiveX component can't create object

6. Newbie:Creating an DLL in VC 5 and using it in VB5 or Excel, ERROR 429

7. Creating Activex Components (Objects) in VC++

8. ActiveX component can't create object

9. Error "Cannot Load ActiveX component"

10. Building an ActiveX Component inheriting another ActiveX Component

11. Cannot instantiate from new COMponent object

12. Cannot create ATL component from eVB