Visual Studio 6.0 Service Packs
Author Message
 Visual Studio 6.0 Service Packs

Hello,

How do I tell what Service Pack of VS 6.0 is installed currently?  And does one
need to apply the Service Packs in order?

  thanx.

  pat

Mon, 28 Feb 2005 08:18:00 GMT
 Visual Studio 6.0 Service Packs

Quote:

> Hello,

> How do I tell what Service Pack of VS 6.0 is installed currently?  And does one
> need to apply the Service Packs in order?

See if MSDN Article Q194295, "HOWTO: Tell That a Visual Studio Service Pack Is Installed", helps.
AFAIK, the SPs are supposed to be cumulative.

--
Jeff Partch [MVP]

Mon, 28 Feb 2005 10:42:13 GMT
 Visual Studio 6.0 Service Packs

Quote:

> Hello,

> How do I tell what Service Pack of VS 6.0 is installed currently?  And does one
> need to apply the Service Packs in order?

>   thanx.

>   pat

If you installed VB as well you can just start run it
The splash screen has SP# on it as long as # is more than 2

        Vin

Mon, 28 Feb 2005 19:07:44 GMT
 Visual Studio 6.0 Service Packs
Apart from what others said, if you want to know it programatically( for
some reason ) , you can query it from the 'latest' registry key  at

        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\6.0\ServicePacks

--
Cheers
Check Abdoul

Quote:
> Hello,

> How do I tell what Service Pack of VS 6.0 is installed currently?  And
does one
> need to apply the Service Packs in order?

>   thanx.

>   pat

Mon, 28 Feb 2005 22:49:50 GMT
 Visual Studio 6.0 Service Packs
Thanx.  This looked useful and so I opened up RegEdit.  But then using Find, I
find nothting to the effect of "ServicePacs" underneath ...\VisualStudio\6.0.

  pat

Quote:

>Apart from what others said, if you want to know it programatically( for
>some reason ) , you can query it from the 'latest' registry key  at

>        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\6.0\ServicePacks

>--
>Cheers
>Check Abdoul
>----------------

>> Hello,

>> How do I tell what Service Pack of VS 6.0 is installed currently?  And
>does one
>> need to apply the Service Packs in order?

>>   thanx.

>>   pat

Tue, 01 Mar 2005 00:55:41 GMT
 Visual Studio 6.0 Service Packs
Make that ServicePacks and not ServicePacs.  I did look for the right word.

Quote:

>Thanx.  This looked useful and so I opened up RegEdit.  But then using Find, I
>find nothting to the effect of "ServicePacs" underneath ...\VisualStudio\6.0.

>  pat

>>Apart from what others said, if you want to know it programatically( for
>>some reason ) , you can query it from the 'latest' registry key  at

>>        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\6.0\ServicePacks

>>--
>>Cheers
>>Check Abdoul
>>----------------

>>> Hello,

>>> How do I tell what Service Pack of VS 6.0 is installed currently?  And
>>does one
>>> need to apply the Service Packs in order?

>>>   thanx.

>>>   pat

Tue, 01 Mar 2005 01:56:08 GMT
 Visual Studio 6.0 Service Packs
Patrick
 I opened the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\6.0\ServicePacks

and queried the "Latest" value, and got back a 4...

regards
roy fine

Quote:
> Thanx.  This looked useful and so I opened up RegEdit.  But then using
Find, I
> find nothting to the effect of "ServicePacs" underneath

...\VisualStudio\6.0.
Quote:

>   pat

> >Apart from what others said, if you want to know it programatically( for
> >some reason ) , you can query it from the 'latest' registry key  at

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\6.0\ServicePacks
Quote:

> >--
> >Cheers
> >Check Abdoul
> >----------------

> >> Hello,

> >> How do I tell what Service Pack of VS 6.0 is installed currently?  And
> >does one
> >> need to apply the Service Packs in order?

> >>   thanx.

> >>   pat

Tue, 01 Mar 2005 02:20:07 GMT
 Visual Studio 6.0 Service Packs
        mine says 5. Are you sure you are looking at the right key ?

--
Cheers
Check Abdoul

Quote:
> Patrick
>  I opened the following key:

> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\6.0\ServicePacks

> and queried the "Latest" value, and got back a 4...

> regards
> roy fine

> > Thanx.  This looked useful and so I opened up RegEdit.  But then using
> Find, I
> > find nothting to the effect of "ServicePacs" underneath
> ...\VisualStudio\6.0.

> >   pat

> > >Apart from what others said, if you want to know it programatically(
for
> > >some reason ) , you can query it from the 'latest' registry key  at

> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\6.0\ServicePacks

> > >--
> > >Cheers
> > >Check Abdoul
> > >----------------

And
> > >does one

Tue, 01 Mar 2005 02:52:07 GMT
 Visual Studio 6.0 Service Packs
CheckAbdoul

the response was based on a webserver computer hooked to t1 internet.  it is
used for web sites, downloads, emails, and newsgroups. I have a licensed
version of VisualStudio (VC++) installed here just to be able to test code
is the machine that I used to get the SP5 download..  seems i should find it
and install it here as well...

I did just check the one in my office and several in the lab, and they are
all at 5.

thanks

roy fine

Quote:
>         mine says 5. Are you sure you are looking at the right key ?

> --
> Cheers
> Check Abdoul
> ----------------

> > Patrick
> >  I opened the following key:

> > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\6.0\ServicePacks

> > and queried the "Latest" value, and got back a 4...

> > regards
> > roy fine

> > > Thanx.  This looked useful and so I opened up RegEdit.  But then using
> > Find, I
> > > find nothting to the effect of "ServicePacs" underneath
> > ...\VisualStudio\6.0.

> > >   pat

> for

> > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\6.0\ServicePacks

> And

Tue, 01 Mar 2005 03:20:31 GMT
 Visual Studio 6.0 Service Packs
Hi Roy..
                Ooops, my posting was meant to be a reply to Patrick
Flaherty. I mistakenly selected your post during replying.

        Sorry

--
Cheers
Check Abdoul

Quote:
> CheckAbdoul

> the response was based on a webserver computer hooked to t1 internet.  it
is
> used for web sites, downloads, emails, and newsgroups. I have a licensed
> version of VisualStudio (VC++) installed here just to be able to test code
this
> is the machine that I used to get the SP5 download..  seems i should find
it
> and install it here as well...

> I did just check the one in my office and several in the lab, and they are
> all at 5.

> thanks

> roy fine

> >         mine says 5. Are you sure you are looking at the right key ?

> > --
> > Cheers
> > Check Abdoul
> > ----------------

> > > Patrick
> > >  I opened the following key:

> > > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\6.0\ServicePacks

> > > and queried the "Latest" value, and got back a 4...

> > > regards
> > > roy fine

> > > Find, I
> > > ...\VisualStudio\6.0.

> > for

> > > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\6.0\ServicePacks

> > And

Tue, 01 Mar 2005 04:17:04 GMT
 Visual Studio 6.0 Service Packs
Are you doing this programmatically or with RegEdit?  I figured I could just
open up RegEdit and see this.  However the interesting possiblity occurs to me
that there may be keys that one only sees programmitically and that one can't
see interactively?

  pat

Quote:

>Patrick
> I opened the following key:

>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\6.0\ServicePacks

>and queried the "Latest" value, and got back a 4...

>regards
>roy fine

>> Thanx.  This looked useful and so I opened up RegEdit.  But then using
>Find, I
>> find nothting to the effect of "ServicePacs" underneath
>...\VisualStudio\6.0.

>>   pat

>> >Apart from what others said, if you want to know it programatically( for
>> >some reason ) , you can query it from the 'latest' registry key  at

>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\6.0\ServicePacks

>> >--
>> >Cheers
>> >Check Abdoul
>> >----------------

>> >does one

Tue, 01 Mar 2005 04:36:41 GMT
 Visual Studio 6.0 Service Packs
        I am seeing this just with regedit.exe ( Not programmatically )

--
Cheers
Check Abdoul

Quote:
> Are you doing this programmatically or with RegEdit?  I figured I could
just
> open up RegEdit and see this.  However the interesting possiblity occurs
to me
> that there may be keys that one only sees programmitically and that one
can't
> see interactively?

>   pat

> >Patrick
> > I opened the following key:

> >HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\6.0\ServicePacks

> >and queried the "Latest" value, and got back a 4...

> >regards
> >roy fine

> >> Thanx.  This looked useful and so I opened up RegEdit.  But then using
> >Find, I
> >> find nothting to the effect of "ServicePacs" underneath
> >...\VisualStudio\6.0.

> >>   pat

> >HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\6.0\ServicePacks

And

Tue, 01 Mar 2005 05:37:51 GMT

1. Visual Studio 6.0 Service Pack 5

2. Visual Studio 6.0 Service Pack 5

3. Visual Studio 6.0 Service Pack 5 ?

4. Bug in Visual Studio Service Pack 4

5. OLE DB PROBLEM/BUG Service pack 3 of Visual Studio 6

6. OLE DB PROBLEM/BUG Service pack 3 of Visual Studio 6

7. Visual Studio Service pack 4 problem

8. Visual Studio 98 Service Pack 4 is out !

9. Bug in Visual Studio 6 Service Pack 3

10. Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 3 problems

11. Visual Studio Service pack 3

12. Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 3 problems