Status Bar Not Handlig WM_COMMAND
Author Message
 Status Bar Not Handlig WM_COMMAND

Hi Balaji,

<<How can I make statusbar handle WM_COMMAND message using MFC?>>

As far as I know the status bar cannot handle the WM_COMMAND message. The
WM_COMMAND message is sent when the user selects a command item from a menu,
when a control sends a notification message to its parent window, or when an
accelerator keystroke is translated. If you could send in more details like
what exactly you want your status bar to do, then we could think of
processing the appropriate message.

Hope this helps.

Smriti C Venkatesh,

Aditi Technologies.

 Aditi Corp was formerly known as NetQuest Inc.

Sat, 06 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Status Bar Not Handlig WM_COMMAND

Quote:

> Hi Balaji,

> <<How can I make statusbar handle WM_COMMAND message using MFC?>>

> As far as I know the status bar cannot handle the WM_COMMAND message. The
> WM_COMMAND message is sent when the user selects a command item from a menu,
> when a control sends a notification message to its parent window, or when an
> accelerator keystroke is translated. If you could send in more details like
> what exactly you want your status bar to do, then we could think of
> processing the appropriate message.

> Hope this helps.

> Smriti C Venkatesh,

> Aditi Technologies.

>  Aditi Corp was formerly known as NetQuest Inc.

Thanks for your reply.  I have an application which I want to display
the license related information etc. in a dialog when the user clicks or
double clicks the statusbar pane(ID_INDICATOR_NUM OR ID_INDICATOR_CAPS).
This is my requirement.  Is there a way to implement this?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
M.  Balaji.

Tue, 09 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Status Bar Not Handlig WM_COMMAND

Hello,
     Simply derive a class from CStatusBar, have the new class handle
WM_LBUTTONDBLCLK, and change the declaration of m_wndStatusBar from
CStatusBar to your newly-derived class.  I've got such a class - if you'd
like to see it, fire me an e-mail.  (As mentioned by Aditi Corp., my
CStatusBar class will not capture WM_COMMAND messages.)

Hope this helps.

> > Hi Balaji,

> > <<How can I make statusbar handle WM_COMMAND message using MFC?>>

> > As far as I know the status bar cannot handle the WM_COMMAND message.
The
> > WM_COMMAND message is sent when the user selects a command item from a
menu,
> > when a control sends a notification message to its parent window, or
when an
> > accelerator keystroke is translated. If you could send in more details
like
> > what exactly you want your status bar to do, then we could think of
> > processing the appropriate message.

> > Hope this helps.

> > Smriti C Venkatesh,

> > Aditi Technologies.

> >  Aditi Corp was formerly known as NetQuest Inc.

> Thanks for your reply.  I have an application which I want to display
> the license related information etc. in a dialog when the user clicks or
> double clicks the statusbar pane(ID_INDICATOR_NUM OR ID_INDICATOR_CAPS).
> This is my requirement.  Is there a way to implement this?

> Thanks in advance,

> Regards,
> M.  Balaji.

Tue, 09 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Progress bar is not showing on status bar

2. status bar hidden under START bar (quick-launch bar)

3. HELP: MainFrame Status Bar Messages not working

4. icon in status bar will not appear

5. SetText in status bar not working

6. Inside Visual C++, David Kruglinski, Status Bar Example, Does not work

7. show status of Doc variables in status bar?

8. progress bar on a status bar

9. progress bar on a status bar

10. Windows NT Status Bar/Task Bar

11. Progress Bar in Status Bar Pane