Help porting VC1.52 DLL to VC2.2 DLL
Author Message
 Help porting VC1.52 DLL to VC2.2 DLL

Hi All,
I have a 16 bit Dll compiled by VC1.52 that is callable by VB4/16 no
problem.

However I am now trying to create a 32bit version with VC2.2 to call from
VB4/32,
and am having problems overcoming an error 453 in VB.

Does anyone have a simple shell for a VC2.2 DLL that has functions callable
from VB4/32?

Many thanks
Fraser

Sun, 08 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Help porting VC1.52 DLL to VC2.2 DLL

have you looked at the VBDLL.TXT that comes with VB?

The key is that you need to export the functions by name via the .def file
instead of relying on the _declspec(dllexport) keyword.  You also have to
ensure that your using the _stdcall calling convention.  If your 16bit DLL
used the Pascal macro then your using the _stdcall convention as 32bit
windows defines PASCAL as that. So assuming that all you should need to do
is create a DEF file with an exports section that exports the functions

--
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?

---
http://www.pinpub.com/ |
| http://lucifer.lotus.com/jim/main.htm

---

Sun, 08 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Q: How to get the exit point of an MFC dll in VC1.52

2. HELP! Whats wrong with this code?VC1.52

3. Help - How to access MS-ACCess from VC1.52

4. (Urgent, plz help)Problem getting app pointer in VC1.52 (16bit)

5. Help: CRecordset using Oracle7 and VC1.52

6. Problem with vc1.52, dos window in win95 and graphics program

7. ldllcew.lib - converting VC1.52 to VC5

8. VC1.52 and Win95

9. VC1.52 Setup Install Program

10. Tabbing using VC1.52

11. VC1.52 Compiler optimisation problem

12. VC1.52!!Whats wrong with this??