Problem with vc1.52, dos window in win95 and graphics program
Author Message
 Problem with vc1.52, dos window in win95 and graphics program

I have a problem with a 'c' application generated with vc 1.52 using
graphics and running in a windows 95 dos window.  The simplified
source below demonstrates the problem.  Specifically, the first time
the app runs in a dos window, it changes the window to full screen.
Once the window is switched back from full screen, the application
can be run multiple times without switching to full screen.  It
appears that linking in (almost)any graphics routine causes some
prolog code to be loaded that switchs the window to full screen - once
only.  If the dos window is closed and then a new one opened, the
problem reappears.

The use of _getch() is just to show when the switch occurs.  Turns
out this is before we get to the first _getch().

Remove _gettextcolor() and the problem goes away.

#include <stdio.h>
#include <graph.h>
#include <conio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

/*=============================================================*/

void main()
{
  int i;

  i = _getch();
  printf("wow");
  _getch();
  if (i == 0)
  {
    _gettextcolor();
    printf("shouldn't get here");
  }

Quote:
}

I really don't want to have to switch from full screen to a
window each time I start this process up.  Is there any help
out there.

Thanks

Richard

Mon, 22 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VC1.52 and Win95

2. How to Close the Dos Windows after excuted a dos command inside the VC1.52 in win95 OS?

3. VC1.52 Setup Install Program

4. VC1.52 Compiler optimisation problem

5. (Urgent, plz help)Problem getting app pointer in VC1.52 (16bit)

6. Windows 98 Windows NT Visual C++ V1.52 and low level graphics

7. HELP! Whats wrong with this code?VC1.52

8. Help - How to access MS-ACCess from VC1.52

9. ldllcew.lib - converting VC1.52 to VC5

10. Help porting VC1.52 DLL to VC2.2 DLL

11. Tabbing using VC1.52

12. VC1.52!!Whats wrong with this??