CDaoRecordset doesn't recognize EOF??
Author Message
 CDaoRecordset doesn't recognize EOF??

I have a CDaoRecordset that is filled from a select statement.
When scrolling through the recordset using MoveNext it appears
as if the IsEOF and IsBOF always returns zero indicating more records.
Is this a problem with IsEOF/IsBOF or with the MoveNext function?

THANKS!!

Dale

Fri, 30 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 CDaoRecordset doesn't recognize EOF??

Dale, I have used this method extensively and have had no problems.

Suggestions:  first, make sure you are wrapping your code with a try/catch.
 You may not be catching exceptions being thrown to you from the system.
second, read the documentation on IsEOF and IsBOF carefully.  They return
exceptions in certain cases.  (when you have no current record)

Hope this helps a bit
--
Denis Tyrell
Programmer

Quote:
> I have a CDaoRecordset that is filled from a select statement.
> When scrolling through the recordset using MoveNext it appears
> as if the IsEOF and IsBOF always returns zero indicating more records.
> Is this a problem with IsEOF/IsBOF or with the MoveNext function?

> THANKS!!

> Dale

Fri, 30 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 CDaoRecordset doesn't recognize EOF??

Quote:

> I have a CDaoRecordset that is filled from a select statement.
> When scrolling through the recordset using MoveNext it appears
> as if the IsEOF and IsBOF always returns zero indicating more records.
> Is this a problem with IsEOF/IsBOF or with the MoveNext function?

> THANKS!!

> Dale

Aw yes, but once again I have discovered my problem. Thanks to those
who offered solutions.

Dale

Fri, 30 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. CDaoRecordset doesn't recognize EOF??

2. Class Wizard doesn't recognize Columns in Paradox(5) Table

3. VC inline assembler doesn't recognize EIP?

4. VC inline assembler doesn't recognize EIP?

5. class doesn't recognize the other

6. ClassViewer doesn't recognize namespaces?

7. VC++ 1.52 doesn't recognize C++ language syntax

8. Shortcut key doesn't recognize Popup Menu Item

9. CFileFind::FindFile() Doesn't Recognize Root Dir.

10. My browser doesn't recognize .NET files

11. ?CDaoRecordset::GetFieldValue doesn't put string in .bstrVal

12. CDaoRecordSet -- CDaoRecordSet -- CDaoRecordSet