How do I Link with a third party static C library
Author Message
 How do I Link with a third party static C library

I'm trying to link my Visual C++ program with a c library. I would greatly
appreciate a sample or other info on exactly how to do this.

Thanks very much for the consideration.

Andre

Tue, 19 Aug 2003 09:21:43 GMT
 How do I Link with a third party static C library
Include third party headers in your code, then add third party library name
to the list of library modules in yoyr project (Menu->Project->Settings =>
Link Tab)

and mind the calling conventions in your code and in third party library.

I'm trying to link my visual c++ program with a c library. I would greatly
appreciate a sample or other info on exactly how to do this.

Thanks very much for the consideration.

Andre

Tue, 19 Aug 2003 14:37:21 GMT
 How do I Link with a third party static C library
Include your header as:

extern "C"
{
#include    "mylib.h"

Quote:
}

The extern "C" prevents the names from being mangled.  Then add the library
to the "Object/library modules:" list on the Link tab of your project
settings.

HTH,
Dave

I'm trying to link my visual c++ program with a c library. I would greatly
appreciate a sample or other info on exactly how to do this.

Thanks very much for the consideration.

Andre

Tue, 19 Aug 2003 20:18:43 GMT

1. How to link third party .LIB files

2. How to link third party .LIB files

3. Looking for modest third party libraries for printing and graph

4. Third Party dll and linking / runtime errors.

5. OCR third party libraries?

6. Static library linked within other Static LIB?

7. VC 4.2 link error linking static libraries from VC 6.0

8. Third party component set opinions

9. Importing third party interfaces that have the same name into an IDL file

10. First-chance exception in third-party DLL

11. Third party DCOM referrals?

12. ?Seeking Recommendations re: Third Party Database Engines