Registry & Binary Values
Author Message
 Registry & Binary Values

How to I set "BINARY" datatype for registry values.  I am currently using
CReKey::SetValue but is seem only to support string and dword.

Thanks
Phil Kubat

Mon, 24 Nov 2003 00:58:05 GMT
 Registry & Binary Values
Yes, it only supports string and dword, as most often used. You will need to
call RegSetValueEx directly - CRegKey object wraps an HKEY you need for this
call.
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

> How to I set "BINARY" datatype for registry values.  I am currently using
> CReKey::SetValue but is seem only to support string and dword.

> Thanks
> Phil Kubat

Mon, 24 Nov 2003 01:25:03 GMT
 Registry & Binary Values

Quote:

> How to I set "BINARY" datatype for registry values.  I am currently using
> CReKey::SetValue but is seem only to support string and dword.

from MFC you can use the "undocumented" CWinApp::WriteProfileBinary

--------------------------------
TSEKIT: http://personal-pages.ps.ic.ac.uk/~umeca74/
2xExplorer R7 just made windows explorer obsolete

Tue, 25 Nov 2003 01:52:11 GMT

1. Registry & Binary Values

2. Setting Large (Binary) values in Registry

3. Setting large binary values in registry using RegSetValueEx

4. Getting Binary Registry Key Value

5. Reading binary registry value

6. Read a binary value from the registry

7. HELP: How to Query Binary registry values

8. HELP: How to Query Binary registry values

9. Writing Binary Values to Win95 Registry

10. How can I write binary-data to registry?

11. Reading Binary Data from the Registry

12. Does RegSaveKey export registry in binary format ?