delay load of DLLs
Author Message
 delay load of DLLs

How does the delay load feature of VC6 work?

If I enabled it for a DLL, how to check at run-time if the DLL could be
loaded?
What happens if I call a function exported by a delay loaded DLL and the DLL
is not available?

thanks

Wed, 30 Jul 2003 05:48:10 GMT
 delay load of DLLs
You dont have to worry about explicitly loading the dll. DLL will be loaded
when you call the function.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]

Note: Please post all replies to newsgroup only.

Quote:
> How does the delay load feature of VC6 work?

> If I enabled it for a DLL, how to check at run-time if the DLL could be
> loaded?
> What happens if I call a function exported by a delay loaded DLL and the
DLL
> is not available?

> thanks

Wed, 30 Jul 2003 06:29:43 GMT
 delay load of DLLs
And what happens if the DLL cannot be load for some reason? access
violation?

Quote:
> You dont have to worry about explicitly loading the dll. DLL will be
loaded
> when you call the function.

> --
> Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]

> Note: Please post all replies to newsgroup only.

> > How does the delay load feature of VC6 work?

> > If I enabled it for a DLL, how to check at run-time if the DLL could be
> > loaded?
> > What happens if I call a function exported by a delay loaded DLL and the
> DLL
> > is not available?

> > thanks

Wed, 30 Jul 2003 07:02:56 GMT
 delay load of DLLs
A runtime warning that the dll can't be found

Quote:
> And what happens if the DLL cannot be load for some reason? access
> violation?

> > You dont have to worry about explicitly loading the dll. DLL will be
> loaded
> > when you call the function.

> > --
> > Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]

> > Note: Please post all replies to newsgroup only.

> > > How does the delay load feature of VC6 work?

> > > If I enabled it for a DLL, how to check at run-time if the DLL could
be
> > > loaded?
> > > What happens if I call a function exported by a delay loaded DLL and
the
> > DLL
> > > is not available?

> > > thanks

Wed, 30 Jul 2003 09:13:42 GMT
 delay load of DLLs
No different behavior than a missing dll when the dll is not delayloaded. As
posted, you would be prompted with a dialog box stating the dll could not be
found in your path anywhere.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]

Note: Please post all replies to newsgroup only.

Quote:
> And what happens if the DLL cannot be load for some reason? access
> violation?

> > You dont have to worry about explicitly loading the dll. DLL will be
> loaded
> > when you call the function.

> > --
> > Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]

> > Note: Please post all replies to newsgroup only.

> > > How does the delay load feature of VC6 work?

> > > If I enabled it for a DLL, how to check at run-time if the DLL could
be
> > > loaded?
> > > What happens if I call a function exported by a delay loaded DLL and
the
> > DLL
> > > is not available?

> > > thanks

Thu, 31 Jul 2003 15:33:47 GMT

1. Delay Loading oleacc.dll

2. Delaying loading of DLLs

3. Delaying loading of DLLs

4. Delay Load DLL doesn't work for C++ DLL

5. problem with delay loading DLLs

6. problem with delay loading DLLs

7. problem with delay loading DLLs

8. Long delays loading files

9. Delay Load Imports

10. delay load and warning LNK4199

11. reduce delay of delete... (deleting longer than loading)