Anyone have an example of using API's to format a floppy disk?
Author Message
 Anyone have an example of using API's to format a floppy disk?

Thanx,

OLIVER

Tue, 30 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Anyone have an example of using API's to format a floppy disk?
Greets,

    I'm afraid I don't have an example, however, you can use CreateFile() to
open a handle to the floppy drive, then use the DeviceIoControl() function
with the various commands needed to format the tracks and verify (logically
format) the disk.

Regards,

Joe

Quote:
> Thanx,

> OLIVER

Tue, 30 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Anyone have an example of using API's to format a floppy disk?
Joe,

Thats what I need an example of <g>.  I probably can figure it out if I look
at it cross eyed long enough, but its not even for me, so I was hoping that
someone else had this code sitting around.

OLIVER

Quote:
> Greets,

>     I'm afraid I don't have an example, however, you can use CreateFile()
> open a handle to the floppy drive, then use the DeviceIoControl() function
> with the various commands needed to format the tracks and verify
(logically
> format) the disk.

> Regards,

> Joe

> > Thanx,

> > OLIVER

Tue, 30 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. how to detect and format a floppy disk using DOS commands

2. Format Floppy Disks

3. How to format track on floppy disk ?

4. Formatting Floppy Disks

5. Looking for floppy disk formatting sourcecode ...

6. Formatting a floppy disk with VC5.0

7. Reading floppies formatted in NEC PC98 format

8. using date format having yy as century with CTime

9. Formatting Disk's under Windows

10. ODBC Api example without mfc's

11. A Floppy disk or No Floppy disk. That is the question.

12. HELP using fork() - anyone got any examples....