Book Question
Author Message
 Book Question

I just got a book published By Microsoft Press. It's "Inside Visual C++." It
was published in 1997. It is for Version 5.0 . Can it still be used now? The
author is David Kruglinski. I imagine it is still useful. Am I wrong?

Thanks,

Steve

Thu, 27 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Book Question
It still mostly useful.  There are some big IDE differences between
VC5 and VC6, but mostly relating to ATL (such as the inclusion of the
proxy wizard into ClassView.)

Sadly, Mr. Kruglinski met with a tragic hang gliding accident shortly
before the publication of the 5th edition. This book is considered by
many to be quite good.  The 6th edition was taken over by George
Shepherd and Scot Wingo I believe and is now called Programming Visual
C++ (6th edition).  It's also quite good.

Quote:
> I just got a book published By Microsoft Press. It's "Inside Visual
C++." It
> was published in 1997. It is for Version 5.0 . Can it still be used
now? The
> author is David Kruglinski. I imagine it is still useful. Am I
wrong?

> Thanks,

> Steve

Fri, 28 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. BOOK QUESTION - PLEASE HELP!

2. book question

3. another beginner book question

4. Teach Yourself... book question

5. mfc book question

6. Petzold's book question

7. Address Book Question

8. Programming C# (book question)

9. Newbie/book question

10. C book question -- have you read these books by Roberts?

11. Books Books Books!

12. Book advice: Any text-book like books?