Debugging Win32 console apps
Author Message
 Debugging Win32 console apps

How do I go about debugging a Win32 console app that requires some cammand
line arguments?  For example, when ever I run the de{*filter*} from inside MSVC
6 I get a problem with argv and argc.  My program needs to load a file from
the command line, so how do I artificially feed the command line arguements
while in debug mode?  I've tried to hard code them into the program for
debugging purposes, but that doesn't seem to work.

Thanks

Sun, 10 Jul 2005 09:07:31 GMT
 Debugging Win32 console apps
    Select 'Project-->Setttings ( Alt+F7)' menu.
    Goto the 'Debug' Tab.
    Enter your command line arguments in the box titled 'Program
arguments:'.
    Start the de{*filter*} session.

    HTH.

--
Cheers
Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ]

Quote:
> How do I go about debugging a Win32 console app that requires some cammand
> line arguments?  For example, when ever I run the de{*filter*} from inside
MSVC
> 6 I get a problem with argv and argc.  My program needs to load a file
from
> the command line, so how do I artificially feed the command line
arguements
> while in debug mode?  I've tried to hard code them into the program for
> debugging purposes, but that doesn't seem to work.

> Thanks

Sun, 10 Jul 2005 09:32:12 GMT
 Debugging Win32 console apps

Quote:

>How do I go about debugging a Win32 console app that requires some cammand
>line arguments?  For example, when ever I run the de{*filter*} from inside MSVC
>6 I get a problem with argv and argc.  My program needs to load a file from
>the command line, so how do I artificially feed the command line arguements
>while in debug mode?  I've tried to hard code them into the program for
>debugging purposes, but that doesn't seem to work.

Look under Project Settings / Debug / Program Arguments.

--
Doug Harrison
Microsoft MVP - Visual C++

Sun, 10 Jul 2005 09:27:21 GMT

1. Debug Win32 Console app

2. porting from win32 app to win32 console app

3. porting from win32 app to win32 console app

4. win32 app vs win32 console app?

5. porting from win32 app to win32 console app

6. Confused: Win32 App vs Win32 Console

7. Connecting a console app and a WIN32 app using pipes

8. Running console app from within a win32 app

9. Running console app from within a win32 app

10. Changing text color / properties in Win32 console app

11. Win32 Console App - ADO Database link error

12. Registry Access from Win32 Console App