property sheet question
Author Message
 property sheet question

Hello!
I have a property sheet with three pages.
If a user doesn't select anything in the first page,
he is not supposed to go to the second page, so
in the second page in OnSetActive I return FALSE. Here is the problem: after
returning from
the second page, the 3rd page becomes active, and I need it to go back to
the first. What is the right way to do it?

Sat, 26 Mar 2005 23:15:03 GMT
 property sheet question
There is no defined way to do what you want. Each page is supposed to be
independent. You can disable controls on the second page and show a
message to the user telling her that she should go back to the first
page and correct her choices - that's about all you can do.
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

and wrong." H.L. Mencken

Quote:
> Hello!
> I have a property sheet with three pages.
> If a user doesn't select anything in the first page,
> he is not supposed to go to the second page, so
> in the second page in OnSetActive I return FALSE. Here is the problem:
after
> returning from
> the second page, the 3rd page becomes active, and I need it to go back
> the first. What is the right way to do it?

Sat, 26 Mar 2005 23:25:02 GMT
 property sheet question
Hi,

The ideal way to go about is to handle all your validations in the
OnKillActive of the first page, return FALSE if the validation fails and
prompt the user. Do not let the user to proceed until he has specified the
mandatory information.

Hope this helps
Regards
Ganga

Quote:
> Hello!
> I have a property sheet with three pages.
> If a user doesn't select anything in the first page,
> he is not supposed to go to the second page, so
> in the second page in OnSetActive I return FALSE. Here is the problem:
after
> returning from
> the second page, the 3rd page becomes active, and I need it to go back to
> the first. What is the right way to do it?

Mon, 28 Mar 2005 01:54:59 GMT

1. Property Sheet question

2. property sheet question

3. MFC Property Sheet question

4. Property Sheet question

5. Property Sheet(s) question

6. Property Sheet Question

7. Another Property Sheet Question

8. Property Sheet Question

9. Property sheet question !!

10. Property Sheet Question

11. Property Sheet Question...

12. Splitter plus property sheet question