Q: Touch screen help needed.
Author Message
 Q: Touch screen help needed.

Can anyone suggest a product to provide keyboard and calculater entry for
use in a VC++ program on a touch screen  PC?  There is no keyboard attached.

Active X controls would be nice.

Is there a master list site for add on packages for VC++?

The project I am dealing with could also benifit from some graphical
repesentations of curtain data types.  Like a thermometer for temperture.

Charles L.

Mon, 24 Nov 2003 21:13:28 GMT
 Q: Touch screen help needed.
Touch screens are hardware devices that emulate mouse, so you don't need
to worry about touch screens on the software level. Write your proggies
as if they were mouse-driven, but make sure your controls and stuff are
HUGE, because touch screens don't tend to be "precision weapons" and
plus when you operate it with your finger (perhaps, gloved) you better
not expect to be able to pick something really small. Make your buttons
like 2x2 inches <g>, and don't use the regular minimize/maximize/close,
etc., buttons, they're way too tiny.
Quote:

> Can anyone suggest a product to provide keyboard and calculater entry for
> use in a VC++ program on a touch screen  PC?  There is no keyboard attached.

> Active X controls would be nice.

> Is there a master list site for add on packages for VC++?

> The project I am dealing with could also benifit from some graphical
> repesentations of curtain data types.  Like a thermometer for temperture.

> Charles L.

Tue, 25 Nov 2003 03:09:32 GMT
 Q: Touch screen help needed.
yes, you just regard the touch screen as mouse. You can develop your
program in a normal PC and using normal mouse.

Regards,

Frank Min

Tue, 25 Nov 2003 13:58:53 GMT

1. C# Focus Issues - Touch Screen - User Controls - Button Control - TextBox

2. Conflict touch screen - mouse for multiple displays application

3. Conflict touch screen - mouse for multiple displays application

4. Touch screen

5. Conflict touch screen - mouse for multiple displays application

6. mouse & touch screen

7. MFC ComboBoxes and Touch-Screen Problem

8. touch sensitive screen

9. MFC class lib's for touch screen point of sales

10. how to switch off focus bitmap on buttons for touch screen app

11. Conflict touch screen - mouse for multiple displays application

12. Trapping events / touch screen