Mfc42d.dll Mfco42d.dll and Msvcrtd.dll
Author Message
 Mfc42d.dll Mfco42d.dll and Msvcrtd.dll

  Hi,
  It's my second program with Visual C++ v.6.0 and as in the previous
one, I obtain my .exe not 100% portable. I need to move it together with
the DLLs shown above...I looked for the .lib equivalent to those and
they are included in the compiler.

  Does anyone knows which option I should check to link my program with
the .lib equivalent to those .dll (I guess that's what I need to do ?!?)
so that I create a 100% portable executable?.

  Thanks for your support,
  Justo

Tue, 08 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Mfc42d.dll Mfco42d.dll and Msvcrtd.dll
You will find in MSDN the topic "Redistributing Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0
Applications".

It says:

Note that debug versions of an application are not redistributable and that
none of the debug versions of various Visual C++ dynamic-link libraries
(DLLs) are redistributable.

Nick

--
Nick Kotarski

Quote:

>   Hi,
>   It's my second program with Visual C++ v.6.0 and as in the previous
> one, I obtain my .exe not 100% portable. I need to move it together with
> the DLLs shown above...I looked for the .lib equivalent to those and
> they are included in the compiler.

>   Does anyone knows which option I should check to link my program with
> the .lib equivalent to those .dll (I guess that's what I need to do ?!?)
> so that I create a 100% portable executable?.

>   Thanks for your support,
>   Justo

Tue, 08 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Mfc42d.dll Mfco42d.dll and Msvcrtd.dll
Hi Justo,

  In VC++, click the Build menu and choose Set Active Configuration.
Double-click the Release configuration.  Make sure all your compilation
options (included libraries, etc...) in your Project Settings are the same,
and instead of including mfc42d.lib, include mfc42.lib... and so on for all
libraries (just remove the "d" for "Debug version").

  Your program should compile and use the "release" versions of the dlls.

  OR

  To avoid distributing Dlls in addition to your program, change the option
in the Project / Settings , in the General Tab... there's an option where
you can choose:

  -Not using MFC
  -Use MFC in a static library  <-- this one compiles the code IN your
program.
  -Use MFC in a shared DLL

  Of course, this second option makes for bigger .exe files... :-)

Hope this helps,

Seb.

Quote:

>   Hi,
>   It's my second program with Visual C++ v.6.0 and as in the previous
> one, I obtain my .exe not 100% portable. I need to move it together with
> the DLLs shown above...I looked for the .lib equivalent to those and
> they are included in the compiler.

>   Does anyone knows which option I should check to link my program with
> the .lib equivalent to those .dll (I guess that's what I need to do ?!?)
> so that I create a 100% portable executable?.

>   Thanks for your support,
>   Justo

Tue, 08 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Mfc42d.dll Mfco42d.dll and Msvcrtd.dll

Quote:

>   It's my second program with Visual C++ v.6.0 and as in the previous
> one, I obtain my .exe not 100% portable. I need to move it together with
> the DLLs shown above...I looked for the .lib equivalent to those and
> they are included in the compiler.

>   Does anyone knows which option I should check to link my program with
> the .lib equivalent to those .dll (I guess that's what I need to do ?!?)
> so that I create a 100% portable executable?.

Well, that isn't quite the usual definition of "portable"... your
executables will only work in Win32.

Be that as it may, you're looking for compiler and general options,
not linker options.  In the general tab, set "Microsoft Foundation
Classes" to "Use MFC in a static library" - it should currently be
set to "Use MFC in a shared DLL."  Then, in the C++ tab, under the
"Code Generation" options, switch the runtime library from "Debug
Multithreaded DLL" to "Debug Multithreaded."

Tue, 08 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Is MFC42D.DLL really MFC42D.DLL?

2. MSVC6++ MFC42d and MSVCRTD DLLs

3. What are Mfcd42d.dll and Mfco42d.dll ?

4. Bug in my programm with MF42.DLL but not with MFC42D.DLL

5. Die Ordnungszahl 5076 konnte in der DLL "mfc42d.dll nicht gefunden werden

6. Trouble when using both MFC42.dll and MFC42D.dll

7. VC6.0 MFCO42D.DLL breaks existing apps

8. mfco42d.dll:3198

9. MFCO42D.DLL and invalid page fault

10. The ordinal 3291 could not be located in the dynamic link library MFCO42D.DLL

11. VC7 MSVCRTD.DLL isgraph() shows erroneous assert

12. intel opencv/MSVCRTD.dll