Old Project to New Project
Author Message
 Old Project to New Project

I have a project I want clone as a template to test code, as I want to
keep the original project the same.

If I have a project testAPIMaster and want to clone with the name
testWindows, for example.  How do I do this?

I have been copying the project folder with the new name and I try going
through the project and change everywhere I can fine testAPIMaster to
testWindows.  Bit I still have files with the following extenstions:
.dsp, .dsw, .ncb, .opt and .plg.  I tried this and still get the old
name in the project window.

Tom.

Thu, 03 Mar 2005 05:56:46 GMT
 Old Project to New Project

Quote:
> I have a project I want clone as a template to test code, as I want to
> keep the original project the same.

> If I have a project testAPIMaster and want to clone with the name
> testWindows, for example.  How do I do this?

> I have been copying the project folder with the new name and I try going
> through the project and change everywhere I can fine testAPIMaster to
> testWindows.  Bit I still have files with the following extenstions:
> .dsp, .dsw, .ncb, .opt and .plg.  I tried this and still get the old
> name in the project window.

Delete the .ncb, .opt, and .plg files.

Rename the .dsw and .dsp files.

Open the .dsw and .dsp files (one at a time) in notepad, and do a global
search-replace of the old name with the new name.

Ta Da.

-cd

Thu, 03 Mar 2005 06:30:43 GMT
 Old Project to New Project

Quote:

>>I have a project I want clone as a template to test code, as I want to
>>keep the original project the same.

>>If I have a project testAPIMaster and want to clone with the name
>>testWindows, for example.  How do I do this?

>>I have been copying the project folder with the new name and I try going
>>through the project and change everywhere I can fine testAPIMaster to
>>testWindows.  Bit I still have files with the following extenstions:
>>.dsp, .dsw, .ncb, .opt and .plg.  I tried this and still get the old
>>name in the project window.

> Delete the .ncb, .opt, and .plg files.

> Rename the .dsw and .dsp files.

> Open the .dsw and .dsp files (one at a time) in notepad, and do a global
> search-replace of the old name with the new name.

What about the .dep file?  I assume that I also delete the .mak file.

What is each file for?

Thanks,

Tom

> Ta Da.

> -cd

Mon, 07 Mar 2005 08:10:49 GMT

1. Old Project - New Errors

2. How to copy classes from old project into new

3. Old ODBC project - new errors

4. Blank Projects window in New Project Wizard

5. Visual.Net New Project Wizard for C projects

6. Including projects in new projects

7. Create a new Project from a Existing Project?

8. How to include a old project in a new project ?

9. How to include a old project in a new project ?

10. Ideas for new project- new to C++

11. Compile an old VC5.0 Dll Project under VC6.0 causes error

12. link error porting project file from old version to VC 6.0