different calculations in debug and release version ?
Author Message
 different calculations in debug and release version ?

Hi,
I have written some crypt code with use of some math functions
(sin,cos,+,*).
This code generates a buffer (32k size) with the results of the
calculations.
This works, but in the release version there would be create a some
different buffer than in the debug version ... why that ?
I use VC 5.0.

ThanX ... Thomas

Tue, 17 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 different calculations in debug and release version ?

Quote:

> Hi,
> I have written some crypt code with use of some math functions
> (sin,cos,+,*).
> This code generates a buffer (32k size) with the results of the
> calculations.
> This works, but in the release version there would be create a some
> different buffer than in the debug version ... why that ?
> I use VC 5.0.

Assuming it's not just a bug in your program, it'll probably be the extra
optimisation provided by release-mode builds.  Have a look in the help for
optimisations, specifically the /Oi switch.  Try turning on the /Op (Improve
Float Consistency) optimiser flag in your project settings and seeing what
difference that makes.

Cheers,

Matt

--
   "It's the gaps between the rain that count,
     and learning how to live amongst them."

Tue, 17 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Different execution between Release and Debug version

2. Different arithmetics for debug and release version?

3. Dll's with different names for debug-/release-Version

4. Different debug vs release version

5. Debug version - Release version

6. Debug version ok but release version problem

7. Debug Version and Release Version

8. Win32 debug version and Win32 release version

9. Why the Font size is not same between Debug version and Release Version

10. Debug version Ok, Release version Failed

11. Debug version ok but release version problem

12. Debug version works, Release version does not?!