Adding Values To The Default Search Path Of The Process/Dll
Author Message
 Adding Values To The Default Search Path Of The Process/Dll

Hi,

How can I add values to the default search path of the the process\dll  in
the Visual environment during compilation
and how can I do during the executing of the process\dll.

Many Thanks,

Eyal
--
MEA  LTD
TEL:00-972-9-8851084

Sat, 06 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Adding Values To The Default Search Path Of The Process/Dll

Quote:

>How can I add values to the default search path of the the process\dll  in
>the Visual environment during compilation

During compilation? You can't. During installation, you
can append the folder to the path environment variable.

Quote:
>and how can I do during the executing of the process\dll.

Check the SetEnvironmentVariable API. This only affects
the current run of the process, howwever. But it will
allow any further dll loads to be done using that
search path.

Permanent environment variable changes require
altering registry entries in NT, or autoexec.bat and
a reboot in 95/98.

Sat, 06 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Adding Values To The Default Search Path Of The Process/Dll
Eyal,

At runtime you can add a special key to the Registry under
HKLM
   SOFTWARE
     Microsoft
        Windows
          Current Version
             App Path

Create a key under App Path that has the name of your main .EXE file. In that
key, create a string value named "Path" and put the directory (or directories)
that you want to be searched as the value. These directories will be searched
BEFORE any of the normal directories.

Quote:

> How can I add values to the default search path of the the process\dll  in
> the Visual environment during compilation
> and how can I do during the executing of the process\dll.

Jim [VC/MFC MVP]
To send mail, change spam-me-not to msn

Sat, 06 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. problem adding parent directory to the include search path

2. How to add Default Value to Active X control

3. Getting default values from newly added records into memory variables

4. Search paths for loading DLLs

5. Search-Path for C(++) DLLs under Windows ?

6. Search path for DLL

7. Search path for a dll

8. .dll's and Search Path?

9. Adding My Application's Path to PATH ?

10. Adding an application's path to PATH On Win NT

11. process path from process id

12. process path from process id.