vc & rpc on win95
Author Message
 vc & rpc on win95

Hi, does anyone know how to do remote procedure calls on win95 using
vc++?

Thanks
Ray

Sun, 31 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 vc & rpc on win95

Ray,

 > Hi, does anyone know how to do remote procedure calls on win95 using
 > vc++?

Just like on NT -- except that some protseqs are unsupported (ncacn_np
is n/a in servers on Win95, for instance).

What is your specific problem?

Cheers,
Felix.

----------
If you post a reply, kindly refrain from emailing it, too.

Sun, 31 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 vc & rpc on win95

Ray,

 > I want to hook a PC with win95 to a net with OS/9 boxes that talk using
 > RPC's.

MS stuff comes with a clone of DCE RPC. You want ONC RPC. The two are
incompatible.

You may want to try ONC for NT, brought to you by Martin F. Gergeleit:
http://set.gmd.de/~mfg/oncrpc.html

Cheers,
Felix.

----------
If you post a reply, kindly refrain from emailing it, too.

Mon, 01 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. onc rpc in dll on win95?

2. Win95 and RPC Configuration

3. Mouse && Win95

4. MoveFileEx && Win95

5. Problem in OLE RPC debugging (in VC 6.0)

6. RPC services without binding to RPC Bind/PortMap?

7. RPC - I need help getting started with RPC

8. Java RPC : ONC RPC In Java - index.html (0/1)

9. DAO & RPC

10. Win NT 4.0 & a RPC problem

11. FP in VC & Mixing VC and gcc

12. VC 4 & VC 1.52c