win32 sdk api 
Author Message
 win32 sdk api

In order to get the user name, I call
GetUserName.
How would I get the user's organization?
It does not seem to be a part of system info!

Where should I look for it in the registry?



Tue, 13 Apr 2004 03:13:47 GMT  
 win32 sdk api
On my Windows 2000 machine, it is in the registry under

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion
    ResigteredOrganization = XXX

On Win95/98/ME machines the key is probably different, but somewhere along
the same lines.
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

"For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and
wrong." H.L. Mencken


Quote:
> In order to get the user name, I call
> GetUserName.
> How would I get the user's organization?
> It does not seem to be a part of system info!

> Where should I look for it in the registry?



Tue, 13 Apr 2004 05:25:54 GMT  
 win32 sdk api
It's the same on 95.

Paul


Quote:
> On my Windows 2000 machine, it is in the registry under

> HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion
>     ResigteredOrganization = XXX

> On Win95/98/ME machines the key is probably different, but somewhere along
> the same lines.
> --
> With best wishes,
>     Igor Tandetnik

> "For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and
> wrong." H.L. Mencken



Fri, 23 Apr 2004 06:30:55 GMT  
 win32 sdk api
Yes, except that "Windows NT" is replaced by "Windows", naturally.
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

"For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and
wrong." H.L. Mencken


Quote:
> It's the same on 95.

> Paul



> > On my Windows 2000 machine, it is in the registry under

> > HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion
> >     ResigteredOrganization = XXX

> > On Win95/98/ME machines the key is probably different, but somewhere
along
> > the same lines.
> > --
> > With best wishes,
> >     Igor Tandetnik

> > "For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat,
and
> > wrong." H.L. Mencken



Sat, 24 Apr 2004 05:28:46 GMT  
 win32 sdk api
Naturally :)


Quote:
> Yes, except that "Windows NT" is replaced by "Windows", naturally.
> --
> With best wishes,
>     Igor Tandetnik



Sat, 24 Apr 2004 07:27:56 GMT  
 
 [ 5 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Problems Setting the Default printer with Win32 API SDK

2. Difference between the Win32 API and Platform SDK

3. Windows SDK or Win32 SDK?

4. Adding OLE Automation to existing Win32 SDK Program

5. NEWBIE'Q Can't view Win32 SDK online help

6. Dialog box as a main window in windows 95, using Win32 SDK only (MSVC 5.00)

7. Win32 SDK and Win NT DDK

8. How to embed ActiveX in Win32 SDK ala VB

9. VC++ 4.0 and NT 4.0 WIN32 SDK

10. Adding MFC to Win32 SDK app

11. win32 SDK

12. Where do I get the win32 sdk?

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software