Journaling using Windows Message Hooks
Author Message
 Journaling using Windows Message Hooks

I've created an application to record (saving to file) and play back
user keyboard and mouse activity using Windows message hooks - the
journal variety installed using WH_JOURNALRECORD and
WH_JOURNALPLAYBACK.

A recording will play back without any problems on
the machine it was recorded on and also plays back fine on some other
machines. But on particular machines I find that very strange behaviour
occurs, e.g. mouse activity does not target the intended windows and
controls though the screen layout is the same for source (recording)
and target (play back) machines. Does anyone know why this might happen?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Paul.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 04 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Journaling using Windows Message Hooks

Quote:

> I've created an application to record (saving to file) and play back
> user keyboard and mouse activity using Windows message hooks - the
> journal variety installed using WH_JOURNALRECORD and
> WH_JOURNALPLAYBACK.

> A recording will play back without any problems on
> the machine it was recorded on and also plays back fine on some other
> machines. But on particular machines I find that very strange behaviour
> occurs, e.g. mouse activity does not target the intended windows and
> controls though the screen layout is the same for source (recording)
> and target (play back) machines. Does anyone know why this might happen?

Does the mouse move to the proper position but not activate the control
? Win98 and Win2000 did some funny things to SetForgroundWindow which
might make the focus be somewhere else.

Mon, 04 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using hooks to block messages going to windows?

2. Windows hooking and MFC /was Re: trap Windows message

3. Journaling with Windows

4. Q: subclassing problem, with hook and windows messages

5. Windows Message Hooks Problems

6. Question on using Windows Hook

7. Windows.Forms.Message - processing a user defined Windows-message - 2nd try

8. Keyboard Macro Recording/Journaling

9. System wide Message Hook not working when caller app loses focus

10. Hooking in C# up to a DLL generated messages

11. message hooks

12. dll to hook messages