Modeless dialog from ActiveX DLL
Author Message
 Modeless dialog from ActiveX DLL

Hi,

I would like to use an object exported from an ActiveX DLL (created
with VB) which, among other functionality, is available to show a
modeless dialog box.

I have no problems using modal dialogs from VB ActiveX DLL's in VC++
programs or DLL's, but when using the object with the modeless dialog
box I get a COM error during program execution telling me that the
pointer to the object is invalid.

The MSDN documentation tells me that, to be able to use modeless forms
from ActiveX DLL's in VC++ clients, the client application must
support this by giving the form access to the clients message loop.
Unfortunately there is no explanation  in that article (see
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ) how to
do this.

Any hints welcome.

Thanks
Christian

Sat, 19 Jul 2003 14:20:06 GMT

1. Tab keys in a modeless dialog part of an activex dll

2. Show modeless form in VB ActiveX DLL from C++ MFC DLL

3. Modeless Dialog in ActiveX :Freezing Problem.

4. Activex, Modeless Dialogs, and IME

5. activeX control on modeless dialog ?

6. Modeless Property Dialog from ActiveX control?

7. Modeless Dialogs Owned by ActiveX Control

8. Showing modeless form in VB ActiveX Dll

9. ActiveX DLL and modeless forms

10. HELP: activex control in dialog box in mfc user dll (dialog not launching)

11. Modeless dialog in COM DLL