Porting 16-bit to 32-bit
Author Message
 Porting 16-bit to 32-bit

I have a library that I would like to use in a 32-bit program but I am getting
"16 bit segment are not suppoted in module xxx" errors. If I really want to
use this library, I have to port it to 32-bit. Problem is that I have know
idea how to port a 16-bit to 32-bit program and none of my resources mention
anything about what would need to be changed to make it compile under 32-bit.
Anyone point in the direction of a resource?

                                                Thanks

Sun, 21 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Porting 16-bit to 32-bit

1. If you have the source for 16-bit library, and you only want to know how
to port your library, refer VC++ 4.2 Enterprise Edition Online Help. There
is separate chapter on 'Porting 16-Bit Code to 32-Bit Windows'.

2. If you do not have the source for 16-bit library, using Thunking
technique, you can use 16-bit library from a 32-bit application. Refer:

a. The attached (text file) MS KB article ID Number: Q125715
b. MSVC++4.2 Books Online (Search on 'Thunk' to get all topics related to
thunking)
c. MS TechNet CD or MSDN CD or http://www.microsoft.com/msdn

Nazir

Quote:
> I have a library that I would like to use in a 32-bit program but I am
getting
> "16 bit segment are not suppoted in module xxx" errors. If I really want
> use this library, I have to port it to 32-bit. Problem is that I have
know
> idea how to port a 16-bit to 32-bit program and none of my resources
mention
> anything about what would need to be changed to make it compile under
32-bit.
> Anyone point in the direction of a resource?

>                                                 Thanks

begin 600 Calling 16-bit Code from Win32-based Apps in Windows 95
<uuencoded_portion_removed>

`
end

Sun, 21 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. help porting 16 bit to 32 bit (partly assembly) application

2. Porting 16-bit to 32-bit code and the use of the LOWORD and HIWORD macros

3. porting 16-bit int to 32-bit int with asm code

4. Porting from 16-bit to 32-bit

5. Porting 16 bit code to 32 bit : Resource file with RCDATA

6. porting __segment from 16-bit DLL to 32-bit

7. Porting 16-bit app to 32-bit

8. Porting code from 16-bit to 32-bit compiler

9. Porting from 16-bit to 32-bit

10. Porting from 16-bit to 32-bit in VC++

11. HELP: porting 16 bit mfc program to 32 bit (mfc v5)

12. Problem Porting a 16 bit DLL to 32 bit