Read a binary value from the registry
Author Message
 Read a binary value from the registry

Quote:
> Hello,

> Anyone have some sample code that reads a binary value from the
> registry.  I can read strings with GetProfileString and integers with
> GetProfileInt, but I need to read values from the key:

\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Recent
Docs,

Quote:
> which contains binary values.  Any help is appreciated.

> Thank You,
> Dale Ryker

Search the MFC code (WARNING: Undocumented Function ahead, at least in MFC
4.0) for CWinApp::GetProfileBinary(...);
It WON'T be in InfoViewer.
This looks it up in
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\YourCompany\YourVersion\YourSoftware....

You probably want ::RegQueryValueEx() however...
Look that up and note the REG_BINARY flag. It'll be in InfoViewer - it's an
SDK function.
--Curtis

Tue, 01 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Read a binary value from the registry

Hello,

Anyone have some sample code that reads a binary value from the
registry.  I can read strings with GetProfileString and integers with
GetProfileInt, but I need to read values from the key:
\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs,
which contains binary values.  Any help is appreciated.

Thank You,
Dale Ryker

Tue, 01 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Reading binary registry value

2. Registry & Binary Values

3. Setting Large (Binary) values in Registry

4. Setting large binary values in registry using RegSetValueEx

5. Getting Binary Registry Key Value

6. Registry & Binary Values

7. HELP: How to Query Binary registry values

8. HELP: How to Query Binary registry values

9. Writing Binary Values to Win95 Registry

10. Reading Binary Data from the Registry

11. Read/Set Binary Data in registry

12. How to read Binary/Hex data from the registry