SGI STL w/vc 5.0?
Author Message
 SGI STL w/vc 5.0?

I'd like to try SGI's STL implementation with the hopes of it
being better than Microsoft's, but the
Adaptation web page indicates that it hasn't been verified with 5.0.
Anyone tried it already or working on adapting it?  Any comments
on the implementation in general?

Reference: http://www.*-*-*.com/

-- Eric

Tue, 26 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 SGI STL w/vc 5.0?

I am currently using it successfully with VC5.0.  It took a few hour's work
to get the default allocator properly threadsafe, but after that, I have
had no problems.

Quote:
>I'd like to try SGI's STL implementation with the hopes of it
>being better than Microsoft's, but the
>Adaptation web page indicates that it hasn't been verified with 5.0.
>Anyone tried it already or working on adapting it?  Any comments
>on the implementation in general?

>Reference: http://www.ipmce.su/people/fbp/stl/stlport.html

>-- Eric

Sun, 31 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 SGI STL w/vc 5.0?

Quote:

> I am currently using it successfully with VC5.0.  It took a few hour's work
> to get the default allocator properly threadsafe, but after that, I have
> had no problems.

Hey, that's great.  Maybe you could provide your changes to
the kind folks at the adaptation page?

-- Eric

Sun, 31 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. VC 5.0 and SGI STL

2. Conflict between VC 7 STL and SGI STL - how to resolve

3. ATL conflict between VC 7 STL and SGI STL - how to resolve

4. SGI STL and VC++ 5.0

5. SGI-STL and VC++ 5.0

6. SGI STL w/ VC++ 5.0

7. Which SGI STL for VC++ 5.0 SP3 ?

8. sgi STL & vc++ 6.0

9. VC 6 and SGI STL 3.11

10. SGI STL usable with VC 4.0

11. Porting code from SGI STL to MSVC STL

12. SGI-STL or STL of VC++