keep the Win2000's auto-hide-enabled taskbar permanently hidden
Author Message
 keep the Win2000's auto-hide-enabled taskbar permanently hidden

         Hi there !
      Does anyone know how I could programatically (Visual C++ 6.0) hide
the Win2000 shell's taskbar ? What I'm trying to do is to replace the
Explorer with a custom shell and to permanently hide the taskbar while
the custom shell is running, even when the taskbar is auto-hide enabled
at my program startup. If you can come up with a way to programatically
switch from auto-hide enabled to auto-hide disabled, that would do, so
please post the solution to this newsgroup or directly to me, if I'm not
asking too much.
      Here are the API calls I tried, and all of them failed to keep the
taskbar hidden for more than a minute or so.

1) ShowWindow(SW_HIDE)
2) SetWindowPos(0, 0, GetSystemMetrics(SM_CXSCREEN),
GetSystemMetrics(SM_CYSCREEN),
          SWP_SHOWWINDOW) for the custom shell's window, which I want to
cover the Win2000's taskbar
3) SendMessage(WM_CLOSE)
4) SHAppBarMessage(ABM_REMOVE) on the taskbar found with
FindWindow("Shell_TrayWnd", ""); with
               ABM_SETAUTOHIDEBAR doesn't work, either.

     I only have one little innocent question: is there any programmatic
way AT ALL to keep the Win2000 taskbar hidden, even if its auto-hide
feature is turned on when my application starts ?
     Many thanks in advance !

Fri, 24 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 keep the Win2000's auto-hide-enabled taskbar permanently hidden
If you are replacing Explorer (shell), why don't you want to replace it
completely?
Just use your program as the shell. I don't know exactly but there is place
in registry where Windows stores location of program that will be used as
Shell. If you place your program there, you will have no Explorer, no
taskbar etc.

Regards Jan

--

Jan Bares
(remove no.spam from my email address)

Sun, 26 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. keep the Win2000's auto-hide-enabled taskbar permanently hidden

2. programmatic hide of Win2000 auto-hide-enabled taskbar

3. programmatic hide of Win2000 taskbar

4. auto-hide window taskbar

5. Detecting taskbar Auto Hide

6. Auto hide taskbar from VC++

7. auto-hide window taskbar

8. auto hide taskbar

9. Some local variables hidden from debugger (Win2000 Kernel debugging)

10. auto exec and hide

11. Debug windows and Auto Hide

12. How do I keep a dialog box from hiding the menu