Determining IE Sevicepack on a system
Author Message
 Determining IE Sevicepack on a system

Microsoft has released ump{*filter*} number of IE versions.
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;EN-US;q164539&
For e.g..
Version 5.50.4807.2300   Internet Explorer 5.5 Service Pack 2
Version 6.00.2600.0000   Internet Explorer 6
Version 6.00.2800.1106   Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1

I need to determine the service pack of IE on a system.To do this I maintain
a property file in
my application holding the mapping of various IE versions to their
corresponding servicepacks.
(I read the version of IE from registry entry
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\InternetExplorer  - Version subkey)

My problem is that the property file needs to be UPDATED EVERY TIME
Microsoft launches a new version of IE.
Is there some API or some other way to determine version of  IE SP on a
system without updating the property file?

Thanks.

Wed, 02 Mar 2005 15:28:52 GMT

1. Determining system configuration

2. Determining last activity of a system

3. How to determine operating system programmatically?

4. Read-only file system --- how to determine?

5. Determine resource used by Windows NT / System, when device is not registered in NT

6. Determining the Operating System

7. Q: How to determine the system language?

8. Determining system contents

9. Determining the Operating System

10. Determine the NT operating system's language ID

11. How to determine system idle time without hooks?

12. Determine which applications/processes are running on NT/95 system