check if internet connection is available
Author Message
 check if internet connection is available

How do I detect if I am online currently and programmatically?
I want to implement IsOnline() function, which return true or false.
Umm, in the Internet setting (in control panel), there is an option to
dial when needed.
I do not want the system to dial as well.
thanks,

yours,
tim.

Sun, 17 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 check if internet connection is available
Have you tried InetIsOffline()?

--
Ajay Kalra

Microsoft Visual C++  MVP

Quote:

>How do I detect if I am online currently and programmatically?
>I want to implement IsOnline() function, which return true or false.
>Umm, in the Internet setting (in control panel), there is an option to
>dial when needed.
>I do not want the system to dial as well.
>thanks,

>yours,
>tim.

Tue, 19 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 check if internet connection is available

Apparently, that's in url.lib, not shell32.lib as MSDN said.

Quote:

> Have you tried InetIsOffline()?

> --
> Ajay Kalra

> Microsoft Visual C++  MVP

> >How do I detect if I am online currently and programmatically?
> >I want to implement IsOnline() function, which return true or false.
> >Umm, in the Internet setting (in control panel), there is an option to
> >dial when needed.
> >I do not want the system to dial as well.
> >thanks,

> >yours,
> >tim.

Thu, 21 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 check if internet connection is available
thanks... :)
Quote:

> Apparently, that's in url.lib, not shell32.lib as MSDN said.

> > Have you tried InetIsOffline()?

> > --
> > Ajay Kalra

> > Microsoft Visual C++  MVP

> > >How do I detect if I am online currently and programmatically?
> > >I want to implement IsOnline() function, which return true or false.
> > >Umm, in the Internet setting (in control panel), there is an option to
> > >dial when needed.
> > >I do not want the system to dial as well.
> > >thanks,

> > >yours,
> > >tim.

Fri, 22 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 check if internet connection is available

Does it work for you? It didn't for me. Always returns false.

Sat, 23 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. check if internet connection is available

2. Launch my App when Internet Connection becomes available?

3. How to check the internet connection

4. Check Internet Connection

5. check for internet connection

6. how can I check the internet connection status ?

7. Checking Internet connections

8. Check for Internet connection

9. Checking for Internet connection

10. Checking connection to internet

11. CHECKING FOR INTERNET CONNECTION - NO SUPPORT

12. How to check internet connection in evc