Using an ActiveX control in VC++ ??
Author Message
 Using an ActiveX control in VC++ ??

I would like to know how to load an ActiveX control and call its
functions within Visual C++.  Please try to keep it c specific, i
don't know c++.   I made this control in vb, and can't figure out how
to load and use it in vc++. I've looked around, but haven't found
anything as easy as my problem should be.  Thanks.

Wed, 26 Feb 2003 10:25:56 GMT
 Using an ActiveX control in VC++ ??

Quote:

> I would like to know how to load an ActiveX control and call its
> functions within visual c++.  Please try to keep it c specific, i
> don't know c++.   I made this control in vb, and can't figure out how
> to load and use it in vc++. I've looked around, but haven't found
> anything as easy as my problem should be.  Thanks.

Your expectations are misplaced.  ActiveX is based on COM, which is based on
C++, which is based on C.  To call the control with C you'll have to reproduce
all that functionality, which would probably take you 2-3 years after you learn
C++.  The only practical options are VB and MFC.

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

Wed, 26 Feb 2003 11:55:58 GMT
 Using an ActiveX control in VC++ ??
True, to do this in "pure" C & the Win32 API would be *very* tedious...

But, there are alternatives to VB & MFC, for example
ATL's CAxWindow class which easily lets you host axcontrols...

/johan

Quote:

> > I would like to know how to load an ActiveX control and call its
> > functions within visual c++.  Please try to keep it c specific, i
> > don't know c++.   I made this control in vb, and can't figure out how
> > to load and use it in vc++. I've looked around, but haven't found
> > anything as easy as my problem should be.  Thanks.

> Your expectations are misplaced.  ActiveX is based on COM, which is based
on
> C++, which is based on C.  To call the control with C you'll have to
reproduce
> all that functionality, which would probably take you 2-3 years after you
learn
> C++.  The only practical options are VB and MFC.

> --
> Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

Fri, 28 Feb 2003 15:29:55 GMT

1. *using* an ActiveX control in VC???

2. Problem using VB 5 activex DLL in a VC++ activex control

3. Using ActiveX Toolbar Control and ImageList Control in VC++

4. Using Text To Speech ActiveX control with VC++ 7.0

5. ? regarding passing data from VC to VB using ActiveX control

6. Using ActiveX control in Dialog editor in VC++5.0

7. Using ActiveX controls in VC++

8. Using ActiveX control in Dialog editor in VC++5.0

9. Using VC ActiveX controls in VB

10. Using ActiveX DHTML Edit control for IE5 with VC++

11. Using ActiveX controls in VC++

12. Developing mfc activex control and using ActiveX SDK-question