Change a foreign language string to upper case
Author Message
 Change a foreign language string to upper case

We have the problem, that we want to change a greek (or other language)
text-string on a german Windows-system to uppercase.
But neither 'setlocale(LC_ALL, "Greek")' nor '#pragma
setlocale("Greek")' do influence the strupr()-routine, unlike stated in
MSDN-Help.
Who knows a solution for our problem? Thanks for Your help!

Fri, 07 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Change a foreign language string to upper case

Quote:

> [...] But neither 'setlocale(LC_ALL, "Greek")' nor '#pragma
> setlocale("Greek")' do influence the strupr()-routine, [...]

Have a look at API-function CharUpperBuff.
Its behaviour is controlled through SetThreadLocale.

--
Electron is a fierce god, tolerating neither Aphrodite nor Dionysos.

Fri, 07 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. change char in edit box to upper case as it is typed

2. convert string to Upper case

3. Converting Strings to Upper Case

4. testing 'string' for upper-case letters

5. STL string to upper/lower case

6. How to get the upper case of a string

7. moving upper case names to lower case

8. Upper case / lower case problem in IDL file

9. Convert keypress to upper case

10. Fastest way to convert lower to upper case?

11. Upper and lower case words

12. Upper Case