Porting an Application from Borland (linker errors)
Author Message
 Porting an Application from Borland (linker errors)

So I have this Win32 console application which compiles perfectly
under Borland C++ 5.0. But we lost the install disks for that, and
it's sorta old anway, so I want to make it work under MS VC++ '97.
I've obtained and installed VC++ '97, but cannot get my application to
build correctly with it.

Now, my program uses Winsock (it's a control program for a
network-enabled x-ray telescope we're developing here at the
Harvard/Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, if you're curious.)
Under Borland, this was as simple as
#include <winsock.h>
Under Microsoft, I get

and so on, for every function I call from winsock.

What do I have to do to make it happy? How do I tell it where it
should link in those files from? It seems like doing this in VC is
much more complicated than in Borland C, and the help is not very
forthcoming on winsock...

 - Marshall

Fri, 02 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Porting an Application from Borland (linker errors)
You need to add the Winsock import library to your linker options.
Click on Project->Settings and then click on the Link tab.
Add wsock32.lib to the "Object/library modules" edit box, then
click OK.

HTH

:
: What do I have to do to make it happy? How do I tell it where it
: should link in those files from? It seems like doing this in VC is
: much more complicated than in Borland C, and the help is not very
: forthcoming on winsock...

/*  Andrew  */
WWW: http://www.halcyon.com/ast

Fri, 02 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. linker error porting Unix app to VC++

2. Borland OS/2 linker error ?

3. Borland C 4.0/4.5 Linker Error: Automatic Data exceeds 64K

4. Borland C 4.0/4.5 Linker Error Automatic Data exceeds 64K

5. Help please. Borland 3.1 linker error

6. Windows programming with the Borland Paradox Engine: Linker errors

7. Newbie question: linker error with Borland Turbo C++

8. linker error with SDI application view class exported from the DLL

9. Porting C++ code from VC6 to .NET: linker issues

10. Porting Borland Turbo C to MS C

11. help porting source code between Borland and Watcom compilers

12. porting from Borland