Compiler error messages in .exe file
Author Message
 Compiler error messages in .exe file

Hello everyone,

I opened my compiled (compiled with VC++ 6.0) exe file in a hex editor and
found lines like this:

runtime error
TLOSS error
SING error
DOMAIN error
R6028
- unable to initialize heap
R6027
- not enough space for lowio initialization
R6026
- not enough space for stdio initialization
R6025
- pure virtual function call
R6024
- not enough space for _onexit/atexit table
R6019
- unable to open console device
R6018
- unexpected heap error
R6017
- unexpected multithread lock error
R6016
- not enough space for thread data

And much more of these things, and i also found a lot of imported and
exported functions wich i never used in my source code. How can i remove
this, or how can i compile it without having these things in my .exe file?

Thanks in advance

Tue, 19 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Compiler error messages in .exe file

Quote:

>Hello everyone,

>I opened my compiled (compiled with VC++ 6.0) exe file in a hex editor and
>found lines like this:

>runtime error
>TLOSS error
>SING error
>DOMAIN error
>R6028
>- unable to initialize heap
>R6027
>- not enough space for lowio initialization
>R6026
>- not enough space for stdio initialization
>R6025
>- pure virtual function call
>R6024
>- not enough space for _onexit/atexit table
>R6019
>- unable to open console device
>R6018
>- unexpected heap error
>R6017
>- unexpected multithread lock error
>R6016
>- not enough space for thread data

>And much more of these things, and i also found a lot of imported and
>exported functions wich i never used in my source code. How can i remove
>this, or how can i compile it without having these things in my .exe file?

Those things are put in your .exe by the linker,
not the compiler.

Don't call anything from the C runtime libarary.
Don't link in the C runtime library.  You may
use the /nod link option to help with this.
Write your own startup code and tell the linker
to begin execution there.

Another option is to rewrite the startup code.
Study the source, crt0.c, supplied with VC.

BTW, you did use a lot of those things.  Until
you are reasonably sure of what you do use,
I suggest you count all that heretofore hidden
stuff in the blessing column rather than the
"to be resented" column.  For all platforms I
know of, there is a lot of support needed to
allow simple main() {...} programs to work.

--Larry Brasfield
Above opinions may be mine alone.

Tue, 19 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem with message files connected to an EXE file

2. C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR (compiler files 'msc1.cpp', line 2844)

3. Compiler error in compiler file msc1.cpp line 1786

4. C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR (compiler file 'msc1.cpp', line 1794)

5. Compile error: Error Spawning Cl.exe or link.exe

6. INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR - compiler file 'msc1.cpp', line 1794)

7. VS.NET: vcspawn.exe not found in path error message

8. MSDEV.EXE Error Message in VC++ 6.0

9. Error message"Unexpected Exception filename.exe:0xc00000005 acces s denied

10. Compiler Error Message: CS0115

11. Bad compiler error message.

12. Browser accessible C compiler (produces downloadable MSDOS EXE files)