How to send email without smtp server.
Author Message
 How to send email without smtp server.

Hi.

I have made an  email program  that does not need smtp server
and directly send email to receiptor.

But I can't find information or sample code in internet.

So, I ask that someone teach me for this.

Thank you.
Have a nice day.

Jin Yang.

Mon, 07 Nov 2005 13:38:52 GMT
 How to send email without smtp server.
If you can use VC7 and ATL Server, it has built-in support for e-mail.
See Mailer sample at

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vcsample/html/vcsammailersamp...

--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

and wrong." H.L. Mencken

Quote:
> I have made an  email program  that does not need smtp server
> and directly send email to receiptor.

> But I can't find information or sample code in internet.

> So, I ask that someone teach me for this.

Mon, 07 Nov 2005 22:38:36 GMT
 How to send email without smtp server.

Quote:
> I have made an email program  that does not need smtp server
> and directly send email to receiptor.

This approach is fraught with problems. How do you correlate email addresses

address of the user x? How do you send mail to x when his machine is not
online? How do you send mail to him if his receiving application is not
running? How do you send mail to people in enterprises who are behind
firewalls?

Quote:
> But I can't find information or sample code in internet.

In the Platform SDK there is a trivial distributed application whose client
and server components use sockets over TCP/IP to pass messages in its

    samples\netds\WinSock\simple

directory. If you don't have the SDK you can download it.

What you are planning sounds more like a kind of instant messaging than
email to me. You might want to search at http://msdn.microsoft.com for
"Using the RTC Client API" for some other ideas.

Quote:
> Thank you.

You are welcome.

Quote:
> Have a nice day.

It's gray and dreary here, I hope it is better where you are.

Regards,
Will

Mon, 07 Nov 2005 22:55:32 GMT

1. How to send email using smtp server.(Problem)

2. Send SMTP Email _WITHOUT IIS_?

3. how to send an Email via SMTP (with attached file)

4. How to send and get email via SMTP ?

5. Help with Sending E-mail with SMTP server

6. SMTP Sample code (was: Code for sending an e-mail message to a pop3 server)

7. SMTP Sample code (was: Code for sending an e-mail message to a pop3 server)

8. Send and receive e-mails using SMTP Server

9. receiving SMTP email

10. Getting Bounced MAPI/SMTP Email Responses

11. library for email message object, IMAP, POP,SMTP

12. Retrieving EMail Account (POP,SMTP etc) information