Author Message
 LNK1179 error problem

Ive defined a template class

template<class T1, class T2, class T3>
class aClass {
    /*...*/

Quote:
};

and I want to declare some explicit instantiations

// ClassArgN are classes defined somewhere.
template aClass<ClassArg1, ClassArg2, ClassArg3>;
template aClass<ClassArg1, ClassArg2, ClassArg4>;
template aClass<ClassArg1, ClassArg5, ClassArg3>;

when compiling I get the LNK1179 error "invalid or corrupt file: duplicate
comdat ..."

Information about this error says it could be caused by a limit in the
length of
external names (option /Hn with /Gy). In my project settings Im not using
any of this
options.

Information about /H option says that by default the compiler imposes no
limit on the
length of external names, and /Gy is for packaging individual functions in
the form of
COMDATs for the linker. But it also says that /Gy option cant be modified
if using
Program Database for Edit and Continue in the Debug info option, and thats
my case.

So my question is how I can avoid this problem?. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Sat, 20 Sep 2003 19:42:07 GMT

1. fatal error LNK1179: invalid or corrupt file

2. LNK1179 error

3. LNK1179 error

4. Linker error LNK1179 -- what's a COMDAT?

5. Linker error LNK1179 -- what's a COMDAT?

6. Linker error LNK1179 -- what's a COMDAT?

7. fatal error LNK1179

8. LNK1179 : duplicate COMDAT

9. LNK1179 - Compiler bug?

10. LNK1179 invalid or corrupt comdat HELP !!!

11. LNK1179

12. error, error, error !!!